Amazing! It Works !

weegee

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic effort, I'm so lazy I would have paid them to do it so champion effort.

First of all i'd like to say, well done to the OP.

The problem is, if you pay them, they would expect payment everytime. When no payment came, they wouldn't do it anymore. Then your back to square one.

Or they'd deliberately make a mess just to be able to make more money to clean it up!

• Like 1

Good man. thumbsup.gif

The land in front of my place leading to the lake is owned by the gov which l take care of. Next door is un-occupied and is/was in a shit state, l had trouble seeing to back out the motor. Sooooooo borrowed a heavy strimmer and chopped down most of the stuff. A week later a crew turned up and cleared the whole plot and burnt it. thumbsup.gif

News travels fast. smile.png

• Like 1

In my experience I believe in listening to a balanced response that represents the views of all.

Of all.

To reject negative comments is to request to hear what you want to hear and that may not be a full and enlightening picture. let alone anything like the simple truth.

The actual fact is tht whilst I totally commend your actions it remains far too easy for any of us to upset our neighbours. And in some cases good community actions can do just that.

For example, It can be interpreted that your actions are provocative and critical of the community. You believe the place to need cleaning; to be dirty. Therefore are you not implying that the residents are themselves responsible and 'dirty'too? If that were the case then you may well upset someone who doesn't agree with you. Also, the very fact you have the time and money to spend on such un-neccesary and luxurious items can incite and offend the less priviledged.

Personally, I remain more circumspect and cautious regarding outward actions that impact upon others, however well intentioned.

Like I say ........... you can reject that as being negative as I disagree with your actions.

• Like 1

Well done, you did what needed to be done instead of simply accepting the status quo and being a cynic whilst not doing anything. The amazing thing here is that the community got involved, and the town is better for it.

Sent from my GT-I9003

In my experience I believe in listening to a balanced response that represents the views of all.

Of all.

To reject negative comments is to request to hear what you want to hear and that may not be a full and enlightening picture. let alone anything like the simple truth.

The actual fact is tht whilst I totally commend your actions it remains far too easy for any of us to upset our neighbours. And in some cases good community actions can do just that.

For example, It can be interpreted that your actions are provocative and critical of the community. You believe the place to need cleaning; to be dirty. Therefore are you not implying that the residents are themselves responsible and 'dirty'too? If that were the case then you may well upset someone who doesn't agree with you. Also, the very fact you have the time and money to spend on such un-neccesary and luxurious items can incite and offend the less priviledged.

Personally, I remain more circumspect and cautious regarding outward actions that impact upon others, however well intentioned.

Like I say ........... you can reject that as being negative as I disagree with your actions.

Are you taking the piss?

• Like 1

Of all.

Are you taking the piss?

Think it a paper for ''some'' Uni-exam. coffee1.gif
  • Like 1

Thanks all for your positive replies to this post....

To clear up a point regarding Luxury items, those machines were necessary items, and were sold on except for the Mower, when not required anymore.

I broke even on the deal and achieved a lot... so i was happy.

Anyone else got a project simular they want to do....I have time on my hands, let me know...maybe we can organise something.

Great story and community action does work in the right circumstances.

But what is wrong with being a greenie or treehugger???

FIRSTLY I AM NOT A GREENIE OR A TREEHUGGER!!!!

Certainly needed in this country where much of the natural environment has either been trashed or is at under threat in some way.

Great story and community action does work in the right circumstances.

But what is wrong with being a greenie or treehugger???

FIRSTLY I AM NOT A GREENIE OR A TREEHUGGER!!!!

Certainly needed in this country where much of the natural environment has either been trashed or is at under threat in some way.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it....I put it there to save the trolls asking....lol.

I will cut a tree down as quick as look at you....If it's needed to clean up a mess, or in the way.