Finding Teak Or Other Hardwood Lumber

canopy

I need to make an order for a teak house. Sawn lumber of specific sizes is needed with up to a 6x8” face and up to 6M in length. That rules out a salvage which is mainly planks. It also rules out just poles as I don't have a good way to mill them. The order involves over 70 large pieces plus lots of decking. Teak w/ papers is preferred but would consider other hardwoods if there is a price advantage. This is for Phetchabun province, but it can come from another province. Suggestions on how to go about finding someone to fill this order is appreciated.

I am not trying to be funny, but what do you mean by teak?

Try reading this,

Petchabun is well known for its distinctive style of wood houses, I have been to the area a few times, but couldnt tell you where to source as I wasnt looking for wood.

As you mentioned the problems start when you are after a particular type of wood, sometimes referred to as Golden Teak.

Another option is to ask the locals with wood houses where they sourced.

I have found the Thais to be very helpful, many are willing to give you guided tours of their homes and put you in touch with someone who can help.

Believe me I am asking around everywhere, but sometimes there is a genius online who has just the right information to make an even better decision.

Right now they are felling logs from a teak plantation a few kilometers from me. Medium size logs are 3000 baht w/ papers. Bigger ones the size I need are 6000 baht. They aren't going to have quite enough and the other problem is I haven't found anyone who can mill them. I don't have confidence a chainsaw operator can get square sides even given nice layout lines.

Mai Daeng is definitely impressive. Super strong and also cheap and I use it for some things. But don't like that dark look for this particular project.