German National Brutally Murdered In Jomtien Apartment: Pattaya

webfact

German National Brutally Murdered in Jomtien Apartment

By Staff Reporter

Pattaya: Police release information about German national murdered in his condominium

Withholding his name at the current time as investigations begin, Police have advised that a German national has been found brutally murdered in his Jontien Condo Apartment.

No one having seen him for 3-4 days, his rooms were opened with a pass key and the body found in a state of decomposition.

Initial forensic inspection found the predicted cause of death to be a slash to his throat, although final lab tests have yet to be concluded.

The 28th floor home revealed very few clues as fingerprints were taken, the home itself did not seem to have been disturbed, with no signs of a struggle and, according to neighbours, looked just the same as it usually did.

Full story: http://www.pattaya10...artment-pattay/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-12-13

footer_n.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked the same as it usually did ... apart from the poor dead guy on the floor ....

Exactly my thoughts...'oh and that daft <deleted> in the corner'

Unreal falangs lives real aren't worth a jot...RIP...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

German found murdered in his Jomtien Condominium

PATTAYA: -- Police responded to reports of a murdered foreigner in a Jomtien Condominium complex on Thursday after condo staff discovered the body of a German occupant of a 28th floor apartment.

Police made their way to the Metro Condotel Complex located at the far-end of Jomtien Beach and to the 28th floor apartment of Mr. Gunther Kiem aged 66. He was lying on the floor and had suffered a stab wound through his left should blade.

There were no signs of a struggle inside the apartment and it appeared that a Laptop Computer had been stolen as a power unit for the computer was found still plugged-in. Large amounts of Thai and Euro currency were found in the room.

Full story: http://www.pattayaon...en-condominium/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-12-13

Looked the same as it usually did ... apart from the poor dead guy on the floor ....

Exactly my thoughts...'oh and that daft <deleted> in the corner'

Unreal falangs lives real aren't worth a jot...RIP...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Yeah, unlike in their home countries where there are no murders.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Im glad that between the first release and the second, that the Police managed to establish it actually was a robbery, even if the safe was not opened. The first article made it sound as if an opened safe was a prerequisite sign of a robbery.

This is the first murder of a foreigner from a high floored pattaya condo in a long, long, long time. I hope the highly respected Chonburi Police department take this case as seriously as it should be.

Hopefully real facts and real offenders are bought to justice, and harsh punishments are given against those involved. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Here's my translation from a German source.

Different name, not the same age, house not 28th floor condo, fire?

Sounds like a completely different story, I know the Thai press are bad, but they can't be that bad.

Sorry, was another guy who got killed many moons ago.---wai.gif

I don't think it is too far fetched to assume that he was killed for not giving up the key to the safe, if that was all his life savings he probably would have jumped off the balcony if they stole it all anyway.

You missed this from the 2nd report: "Large amounts of Thai and Euro currency were found in the room"

So sad Rip

Maybe it's just me, but foreigners dying here in Thailand seems to be something that is on the increase.

We had a weird one here in Cha Am a few weeks back. A Russian guy checked into his guesthouse in the morning

and then later in the day he checked out of the world permanently.

The strange things about this are:

1. There has been no mention of this guys death in any papers that we can find.If a foreigner dies in Thailand, it usually make the news

2. He was found on/near a main road, very close to restaurants and business stabbed in the neck, but it apparently it has been deemed a suicide. I would think that if the guy wanted to commit suicide by stabbing himself, that his neck wouldn't be his first choice, nor would a main road be his choice of location, his hotel room maybe, somewhere quiet? I don't know, the whole thing seems a little off to me.

Edited by lensta
  • Like 2

I would have though that any condominium with 28 floors would have security cameras, I see them a lot in lifts these days.

Until more of the investigation is known it seems pointless making suggestions about what might have happened.

The bottom line is that this is a tragic loss of life of a fellow foreigner, I hope the police follow up every line of inquiry and determine what happened here.

So sad Rip

Perhaps some other qualifier could be proposed, rather than 'sad'.

Tragic event.

I have some feelings about this situation, of course, and would not want that to happen to me.

But perhaps not a feeling of sadness about someone I do not know.

Even though sometimes, I feel some sadness thinking about the 18,000 children who die of hunger every day on the surface of this earth.

And I do not know any one of them.

And so we have another tragic and horrific farang death in Thailand to add to the statistics.

I am curious to know, how many farangs have died in Thailand during the last 3 years, including the categorisation of official causes of deaths and the circumstances leading up to they’re deaths, including those who have been listed as missing?

The amount of farang deaths in Thailand according to the small percentage of farangs in the country I would guess are highly proportionate indeed.

• Like 2

And so we have another tragic and horrific farang death in Thailand to add to the statistics.

I am curious to know, how many farangs have died in Thailand during the last 3 years, including the categorisation of official causes of deaths and the circumstances leading up to they’re deaths, including those who have been listed as missing?

The amount of farang deaths in Thailand according to the small percentage of farangs in the country I would guess are highly proportionate indeed.

Hopefully not another hub of...............wai2.gif