Everybody Knows

Dancealot

Everybody knows what they are getting themselves into when returning to Thailand for yet another 'tour'.

Despite all negative and positive consequences of their quest.

Why do we do it? Does it matter to question this? To be frank i ask myself this a lot.

I will start off with this complimentary song:

Edited by Dancealot

But you replied, rob. allow me to answer:

I didn't like his depressing funerial songs in his youth,but now he's certainly matured for the better.

So what do you think about the OP?

To a degree,I guess we all live in the past! let's hope we have also matured some,along the way. No offence meant.

• Like 1

I didn't like his depressing funerial songs in his youth,but now he's certainly matured for the better.

To a degree,I guess we all live in the past! let's hope we have also matured some,along the way. No offence meant.

wai.gif

Thank you too Mr. majestic.

My bandwith is slow and I really hate when I click on threads with titles like this: "I'm Shocked" "Can You Believe It"

this one. It reminds me of falling for a spam email or something. Any penis enlargement here?

My bandwith is slow and I really hate when I click on threads with titles like this: "I'm Shocked" "Can You Believe It"

this one. It reminds me of falling for a spam email or something. Any penis enlargement here?

There is , Mate , but you need a fast internet connection for that ....

Is this a Fifo thread?

When i wrote it i was never aiming for Fila. I merely wanted to express my idea and share it.

I think it is better the next time i bring my record collection. ermm.gif

Guess there is only one thing left for me to do then, i will leave the thread be and just wait.. crying.gif

Is this a Fifo thread?

When i wrote it i was never aiming for Fila. I merely wanted to express my idea and share it.

I think it is better the next time i bring my record collection. ermm.gif

Guess there is only one thing left for me to do then, i will leave the thread be and just wait.. crying.gif

If you're leaving, then maybe this will be appropriate.... wink.png

Record collections sound good...I'll go and get the box of vinyls out of the attic....

Everybody Knows II: The Sequel

I sense i have to put this OP in another way in case misunderstandings will arise and because i feel responisble for the OP i made.The music was a nice diversion. That Scottish song did it for me. The records and all the 'sound' advice given are noted.smile.png

Many times in my life i moved from house to house whit the intention to have a better life. Sometimes it worked out, other times i had bad luck and i am not afraid to admit i made couple of bad decisions. 2 of these where buying a house in the west and marrying in the west. I whish i listened to good advice given back then. To be honest sometimes I did not even listen to myself and instead I listened to western society and regulations. Buy the house get the job get the wife make the kids and a big bankloan as cherry on top.

So why did i buy that house? Why did i marrie that woman? Because the 'less informed' me at that time thought it was the right thing to do.

Along these 3 lines(above) i could ask in a smilar/symbolic way about why some people open spam when they already know it is spam? The problem here is that you actually do not know for sure it is spam until you open it and have read it's content. For my marriage i did open the spam, i did! But i didn't read the letter.

I am a more happy and positive person since the day i discovered there is a way out for me away of this western system.

Curious i remain about differrent people's motives and i am looking forward to learning more from people who have lived in Thailand a long time and are on TV. I want to talk about it with people who are experienced and not anymore with the next door conditioned European.

I am sure everyones farmiliar with this conversation.

"oh mate? you go to Thailand a lot?" Let me give you some advice about the ladies. "The good man wants to give me advice about life in Thailand while was never on an airplane in his life"

I do not have to convince anybody that i am doing the right thing. It is my thing. I am walking around with the virual stigmata of a choice in life i made. And i am being prejudiced and laughed at(funny i also have this problem in Thailand but for some reason it does not seem to bother me that much then). To make matters worse i was never warned by my own government and banks that it would not be wise to buy a house at that time. I wasnt pushed into buying but IMO i was lured by that society. For me it is enough. I want to move once again. To greener grounds.

I am sure many of you out there know why they live in Thailand and specificaly there. There are plenty of other places in the world. I see many people leaving Thailand for various reasons these times. All too many of them get sent home in a body bag.

Everybody knows why, right? Before i will make this next life changing step i have to be informed and educated. This is what i like about the TV forum, it's knowledge has made my life in Thailand a lot easier. I got my rant on paper and so it is out of my system in a positive way. And if i am lucky i will get some feedback.

I am grateful to many members already for their priceless help and today 1 more is added to my list. Mr. Nana Cowboy for sparking new life in my otherwise doomned thread.

Today warm people here reminded me about considering something negative actually as positive. I did just that. Very nice indeed.

Cheers!

Imagine, having to miss the madness that is Thailand.

A fine example here :

Love it, for what it is. Innocent fun.

And remember if you're looking for negatives you'll find them easily. Finding positives is just a tad harder smile.png

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by yermanee
  • Like 1

Any retrospective that starts with Leonard Cohen needed a rapid reversal... I was going to post a link to Ry Cooder's "The Very Thing That Makes Her Rich" as well!

Anyway, glad to see the OP has had an epiphany of sorts within all the soul searching. There's an old Scottish saying that my granny used to mutter to the younger ones home visiting for the holidays that was something like, "What's in front of ye, will ne'er go bye ye." That does sound morbidly Cohen-esque and taken literally means you may as well give up and keel over now... well, maybe after a week of serious debauch, liquor and whatever you chose to smoke. To me it implies don't be disheartened by setbacks in life, be it financial, health or family. Now, was this some ancient Celtic interpretation of karma? Or, as the Eagles implored, simply "Get Over It."

Anyway, here is Ry Cooder, with what appears to be the OP guesting on percussion.

• Like 1

Good on ya, Dancealot. Your latest post struck a chord.... I too chose not to read the warnings on the box, and took up with a woman who...... Ah, well, never mind... the story would bring a tear to a glass eye. (pmsl) .... Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again! What have I learned? How to roll when I make a hard landing.... Will I f up again?....probably! Am I worrying about that? No, because I will enjoy myself along the way.

Keep smiling buddy!