Quickest Bus To Pattaya From Suvarnabhumi Airport

btowny

Go to The counter marked "Pattaya" on the 1st Floor between doors 7 & 8. (Actually, this is the same counter as Bell Travel).

The bus leaves hourly until 8:00 p.m. (The 9:00 and 10:00 p.m. departures go only as far as Naklua). The bus stops on Sukhumwit at the corners of North, Central, and South Road, then continues to its terminus in Jomtien. Running time is 2 hrs. to Jomtien. If you want to take this bus for your return to Bkk., you must board at the terminal in Jomtien. Northbound to Bkk., it does not stop at the side of the road to board passengers. Running time northbound is 90 min.

Try bell travel

http://www.belltrave...s/PageHome.aspx

From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya city with 6 coach departure times: 08:00/10:00/12:00/14:00/16:00/18:00

actually I guess you might be arriving after their last shared bus.

the rate is 230thb/person

I heard you now have to pre-pay. Do you know if that is only by credit card? I guess that's why the 30 baht price hike: to pay the Visa/Mastercard tax.

But anyway, are other forms of payment possible, or -even better- paying in cash when boarding the bus?

I've taken this bus dozens of times over the past few years and it's great, but paying by credit card is not an option for me.

(Can't leave any traces or loose ends that show I'm going to Pattaya.) Does anyone know what shows up on the credit card statement?

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Go to The counter marked "Pattaya" on the 1st Floor between doors 7 & 8. (Actually, this is the same counter as Bell Travel).

The bus leaves hourly until 8:00 p.m. (The 9:00 and 10:00 p.m. departures go only as far as Naklua).

Indeed. Not only is this the fastest scheduled bus direct to Pattaya, it's also the only one!

Bell Transport (who are fine) seem to often use the same scheduled bus for the main part of the trip, and then put you into a minibus for the final distribution. Nothing wrong with that and it means the final leg costs about 100B per person for door to door, which is probably easier than negotiating with a bahtbus driver, depending on where you need to go. I'm lucky in that I can easily walk from the Jomtien stop to where I live.

I'm always surprised that the last Bell trip is so early at 6pm though. In fact I'm surprised that the regular Jomtien bus stops at 8 and that all buses stop at 10. I would expect them to go on to midnight. Also the earliest bus to the airport is actually quite late.

Try bell travel

From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya city with 6 coach departure times: 08:00/10:00/12:00/14:00/16:00/18:00

I heard you now have to pre-pay. Do you know if that is only by credit card? I guess that's why the 30 baht price hike: to pay the Visa/Mastercard tax.

But anyway, are other forms of payment possible, or -even better- paying in cash when boarding the bus?

I've taken this bus dozens of times over the past few years and it's great, but paying by credit card is not an option for me.

(Can't leave any traces or loose ends that show I'm going to Pattaya.) Does anyone know what shows up on the credit card statement?

I believe it's cheaper if you book online (230thb) and more if you pay cash at the counter.

Ticket can be purchased from the website www.belltravelservice.com which will be cheaper than buying from Bell offices (Bangkok, Pattaya and Suvarnabhumi Airport counter on Level 1 at Gate No. 8.)

Try bell travel

Hi

I didn`t pre book Bell bus, turned up at counter, paid 200 baht cash, got on bus.

6th November this year, maybe gone up since, no idea.

Excellent service as usual, not even half full.

Conflicting information, what time does this bus finish?

There is no conflicting information. Just go to the website and view the schedule for yourself. The "last bus" is determined by from where you are catching it and where you are going.

The bus leaves hourly until 8:00 p.m. (The 9:00 and 10:00 p.m. departures go only as far as Naklua). The bus stops on Sukhumwit at the corners of North, Central, and South Road, then continues to its terminus in Jomtien. Running time is 2 hrs. to Jomtien. If you want to take this bus for your return to Bkk., you must board at the terminal in Jomtien. Northbound to Bkk., it does not stop at the side of the road to board passengers. Running time northbound is 90 min.

So this is wrong then? as the website says 6pm last bus.

They used to run later.. now the last seems to be at 1800. To be certain, the best thing you can do is just call them.

That's the Bell bus. The regular bus (which doesnt offer the Bell door-to-door service), runs until 8pm (going to Jomtien) and 10pm (going to Pattaya). Also the Bell bus doesnt go every hour during the day, unlike the regular bus.

The actual duration and comfort level of the main part of the trip seems to be identical, regardless of which service you select. The only difference (apart from the hours) is that the Bell bus takes you on to your final destination in a minibus as part of the price.

I suspect that the 2-hour Bell window is to allow the minibus drivers here enough time to drop arriving people off and collect those who are leaving.

I have used Bell many times over the years. I just went to their website today to book my December 26 bus from Suvi airport to Pattaya. But the Bell website has changed a lot. You used to have to sign in, then book the bus. Now you go through the drop down menus, enter information and so on. Then when I thought I was done, I hit the last button and the site popped up with some sort of Kasikorn Bank page, saying merchant ID is invalid, and something about a credit card. I didn't enter any credit card information and I hope I don't have to. In the past, never had to book the bus seat by paying in advance with a credit card. So, I am wondering is the website a bit off and not working right? Does Bell now require you to use a credit card to book a bus seat in advance? I won't use my credit card for anything in Thailand for security reasons. I have a suspicion the site is a bit off because at the top of the site it says "agent log in". I wonder if the site is defaulting to some sort of agent input or tour operator booking instead of just an individual? Anybody succesfully booked a bus seat with them recently?

I have used Bell many times over the years. I just went to their website today to book my December 26 bus from Suvi airport to Pattaya. But the Bell website has changed a lot. You used to have to sign in, then book the bus. Now you go through the drop down menus, enter information and so on. Then when I thought I was done, I hit the last button and the site popped up with some sort of Kasikorn Bank page, saying merchant ID is invalid, and something about a credit card. I didn't enter any credit card information and I hope I don't have to. In the past, never had to book the bus seat by paying in advance with a credit card. So, I am wondering is the website a bit off and not working right? Does Bell now require you to use a credit card to book a bus seat in advance? I won't use my credit card for anything in Thailand for security reasons. I have a suspicion the site is a bit off because at the top of the site it says "agent log in". I wonder if the site is defaulting to some sort of agent input or tour operator booking instead of just an individual? Anybody succesfully booked a bus seat with them recently?

I've used this service many times also ; it was easy convenient & fast & no need for a credit card ( sign in only) I had a look now for my arrival on the 26th , as mentioned they have changed the website & I share your concern regarding credit cards , this was the same website that was down due to some kind of malware threat a few months ago. The Kasikorn payment page is proably OK IMHO but I'm not going risk it for a $7.50 bus fare. Better just to turn up and try them or the regular Pattaya- Jomtien bus.

I just emailed Bell asking if they hold the reservation and then I will pay at the airport. I looked deeper into the website and it does seem to say that the cost is 230 baht online, 250 baht pay at the airport. I am OK with that. I am hoping I can reserve a seat from their website then pay in person when I arrive. I will post back with whatever answer I get back from Bell.

I'm visiting again in January and always use Bell. They have only introduced the pre-payment aspect in the last two weeks. I booked my outward trip (from SVB Airport to PATTAYA) a month ago for 200 baht under the old system (seat reserved but pay at the counter at SVB).

I purposefully left booking the return bus to the airport from Pattaya as my manoeuvres for my vacation were unclear. A week ago the new pre-payment was introduced (230 baht) which has worked well and I was charged £4.89 (GBP) on that days exchange. Seems very secure and have had no problems - purchase shows up as Bell Travel, nothing too incriminating - albeit as a single account holder at my bank it would not be a problem.smile.png

Well, it has been two days and I have not heard back from Bell and I emailed them twice. I travel alone and light and only have one carry on bag. So at the moment, Bell just lost my business from the Airport to Pattaya. I don't mind taking the other Bus service. It only makes one or two additional stops and will drop me off at the top of Pattaya Klang. Easy for me to take the baht bus from there down to Soi Bukhao where I am staying. Sorry Bell. Maybe next time or perhaps on my return leg from Pattaya to the Airport.

there is also a bus company running from the bottom floor of the airport, right next to the food court. ticket 130 baht...... about 7 buses a day..... i got it last week....... stops at jomtiem and will drop u near patts bus station also....... also a bus going to hua hin from there, which i never knew about (we paid 1500B for a taxi just a couple of weeks earlier)

there is also a bus company running from the bottom floor of the airport, right next to the food court. ticket 130 baht...... about 7 buses a day..... i got it last week....... stops at jomtiem and will drop u near patts bus station also....... also a bus going to hua hin from there, which i never knew about (we paid 1500B for a taxi just a couple of weeks earlier)

Yep. I tried to stick with Bell, because they have been great all these years. But they aren't answering the mail. I suspect some new sort of re-organization and their people are not monitoring things right or nobody is doing the emails. Any bus will work for me and I think the discount no-frills bus across the hall will work just fine for me.

Yep. I tried to stick with Bell, because they have been great all these years. But they aren't answering the mail. I suspect some new sort of re-organization and their people are not monitoring things right or nobody is doing the emails. Any bus will work for me and I think the discount no-frills bus across the hall will work just fine for me.

I have used Bell over 30 times in the past 5 years and never a problem until last Monday 11/12/2012 when I called their office in Patts to comfirm my pick-up time for my return to swampy for the following day ( I booked this early November on the old system) and was asked for a reservation number-never before have they asked for this-in the past I have simply told them my name/hotel/pick up time as booked and they comfirm-after much discussion they tell me I have NO reservation as I booked under the OLD system and I must re-book? this I could do but online only not by telephone,so it seems that had I not comfirmed and simply waited for them to pick me up as per resevation under the old system I WOULD STILL BE WAITING NOW one wek later-crazy but TIT rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...