Can I Undelete Pics On A Camera Memory Card?

skippybangkok

Left all common sense behind and did not make a back up before fiddling with my pics.

In a nut shell, "moved" all the pics from my Nikon 3100 to my PC, for first time merged my iPhone pics ( removing duplicates ). As some things were messed, wanted to rename files in bulk in MS picture manager - NEVER EVER DO THAT. It overwrites existing pics without warning.

Long and the short, the pics from the Nikon are gone as I did a move

On normal hard drives, you can undelete files some times, can this be done on them flash cards ( I think it's a Kingston )

Thanks

It's not a question of hard drive types, it's a question of what did your software actually do when you moved/renamed/whatever. Look for hidden folders with names like .Trash (note the leading dot) and see what you can find. Could be anywhere on your system but most likely in your users root directory.

Then write out 100 times "I will make backups before messing".. wink.png

Edited by jpinx

As long, you 're not taking more pictures, you have a good chance, to restore them.

Get yourself a recovery tool freeware, that isn't only showing, but await a pay, to recover.

Google will get you all your need.

Important: don't save anything on that memory card, now!

A friend's daughter removed all Pictures (by mistake) from his Camera.

He removed the SD card from his camera, set it to Locked and then connected it to his computer with a Card Reader.

Then he used a program like Recuva (free: http://www.piriform.com/recuva ) to recover all of the deleted pics to his computer.

Yep, recuva works very nicely. Accidently deleted an entire video multi-gigabyte directory on my multi-media drive, too big for the trash can. Used this and got it back. But as mentioned, very important to not write anything on it until recovery completed.

A friend's daughter removed all Pictures (by mistake) from his Camera.

He removed the SD card from his camera, set it to Locked and then connected it to his computer with a Card Reader.

Then he used a program like Recuva (free: http://www.piriform.com/recuva ) to recover all of the deleted pics to his computer.

That's what I've used as well.Excellent program ;)

Thanks guys ........... Results...........

Ashampoo could only recover 2 our 1500 pics..............

Recuva after clicking on the "deep scan" can recover about 1200 ............

Maybe Ashampoo might work well in other cases, in my case Recuva did the trick,

Really appreciated !!!

Thanks for the feedback. I used Recuva at first and it really didn't do the trick, but that could have been because the card was corrupted, as opposed to the media being deleted or formatted.

Either way, glad you got your stuff back.