I K E A Announces Growth Plans In Thailand: Bangkok

webfact

We went to Bangna store recently and it was just like what I remember from Delft (Holland). Good food, perfect store and impossible to get out of without any stuff.

I was not planning on buying anything, but this is Ikea....

Please, please, build one of the stores a little bit higher up north - thinking about Phayao / Chiang Rai / Chiang Mai.....

You can count on me as one of the regulars then.

• Like 1

Lots of people slagging ikea off here, but can anyone actually tell me where they can buy a decent comfortable sofa in Thailand for 15k with a 10 guarantee? I'd be very interested to know where!!

I've bought stuff from winner/concept in the past yes its cheap but it's absolutely awful you'll get 1-2 years out of their sofas if you're lucky and to top it off, awful customer service!!

• Like 1

Lots of people slagging ikea off here, but can anyone actually tell me where they can buy a decent comfortable sofa in Thailand for 15k with a 10 guarantee? I'd be very interested to know where!!

This is like any McDonalds or Starbucks thread, you always have to have a few posters who feel the need to tell everyone how cool they are because they never shop or eat there...

This is like any McDonalds or Starbucks thread, you always have to have a few posters who feel the need to tell everyone how cool they are because they never shop or eat there...

Well you can't hardly call it cool if your complete house is furnished with particle board furniture.

• 2 months later...

Ikea withdraws meatballs in more than 20 countries amid horse meat scandal

Associated Press - February 25, 2013

STOCKHOLM (AP) — Swedish furniture giant Ikea became entangled in Europe's widening meat scandal Monday, forced to withdraw meatballs from stores across Europe amid suspicions that they contained horse meat. The company reacted after authorities in the Czech Republic said they had detected horse DNA in tests of 1-kilogram (2.2-pound) packs of frozen meatballs that were labeled as beef and pork.

Meatballs from the same batch had been sent from a Swedish supplier to 12 other European countries — Slovakia, Hungary, France, Britain, Portugal, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Greece, Cyprus and Ireland — and would be pulled off the shelves in all of them, Ikea said.

Later Monday, the company expanded the withdrawals to stores in 21 European countries and in Hong Kong, Thailand and the Dominican Republic, all of which were getting meatballs from the same Swedish supplier.

Continued:

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130225/NEWS90/130229844