Aeon Bank Atm

advancebooking

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using a Australian Mastercard at AEON ATM's for a few years and I have made dozens of withdrawals without any problems at all. I get good rates and I have pulled out over 30,000 baht several times without any problems at all. It is by far the best and cheapest way for me to get my money into Thailand. I mostly use the Tesco Lotus on Pattaya Nua as they have 2 machines there and they rarely have any queues. The Big C (grounf floor near restrooms) on Pattaya Klang is also good but the queues can get a bit long.

. I mostly use the Tesco Lotus on Pattaya Nua as they have 2 machines there and they rarely have any queues. The Big C (grounf floor near restrooms) on Pattaya Klang is also good but the queues can get a bit long.

You're very lucky. I've had long waits at this machine many times - waits of up to 30 minutes on the worst occasions. The Thais spend about 5 minutes each paying their bill on them.

Home Works is my machine of choice. Never had to wait there.

. I mostly use the Tesco Lotus on Pattaya Nua as they have 2 machines there and they rarely have any queues. The Big C (grounf floor near restrooms) on Pattaya Klang is also good but the queues can get a bit long.

You're very lucky. I've had long waits at this machine many times - waits of up to 30 minutes on the worst occasions. The Thais spend about 5 minutes each paying their bill on them.

I fully agree.. Homeworks is the best location imho. I have never had to wait and rarely is it closed down due to being empty. Every time I'm in carefoure I would look at the machine there and 9/10 times it was closed down.

I fully agree.

Sorry guys, I should have mentioned, I get down there about 8.45 AM and seem to dodge the crowds at that time. I have yet to try the Home Works one, next year. This year is done and dusted, cheers.

• 5 months later...

Any updates on where the Aeon ATM's are? Still only 4 locations?

Dongtan (somewhere?)

Tesco on Nua

Big C on Klang

Homeworks near Tai

the dongtan one was an urban myth

the others are still in the same location

was at Homeworks ATM today

still quiet

Edited by blackman

Dongtan (somewhere?)

Tesco on Nua

Big C on Klang

Homeworks near Tai

still quiet

It's often offline.

Dongtan (somewhere?)

Tesco on Nua

Big C on Klang

Homeworks near Tai

still quiet

It's often offline.

wow! i got me a cyber stalker

i have never known it to be offline

Sanp, drive there in my car quite often and never had a problem.

Edited by RabC

Dongtan (somewhere?)

Tesco on Nua

Big C on Klang

Homeworks near Tai

still quiet

It's often offline.

I'm really surprised to hear that.

Granted I haven't used it since June last year, but before then, it used to be my preferred spot to withdraw monies, and I've never seen it out of commission. The one in Carrefour, or nowadays Big C Extra, has quite often been out of monies though. Never used the one in north Tesco, so can't comment on that one.

Lately I've just been transferring straight to my BKK bank account with a minor loss compared to withdrawing from the ATM. But that's another story.

Regarding the Dongtan location, it's just a TV myth.

Edited by MTH

Dongtan (somewhere?)

Tesco on Nua

Big C on Klang

Homeworks near Tai

still quiet

It's often offline.

I'm really surprised to hear that.

Granted I haven't used it since June last year, but before then, it used to be my preferred spot to withdraw monies, and I've never seen it out of commission. The one in Carrefour, or nowadays Big C Extra, has quite often been out of monies though. Never used the one in north Tesco, so can't comment on that one.

Lately I've just been transferring straight to my BKK bank account with a minor loss compared to withdrawing from the ATM. But that's another story.

Regarding the Dongtan location, it's just a TV myth.

Well, you can believe what you like, but this ATM is always my first choice of ATM because it is quiet and Thais can't pay their bills there and tie up the machine for 5 minutes each in long queues. If it is offline I head down to Tesco.

I use it a lot, but it has been offline many times over the years when I have gone there.

The fact that you've been lucky every time you have visited this particular machine does not negate my observation.

• 1 month later...

Today I went to Big C Pattaya Klang and the AEON ATM was closed. I then walked over to Pattaya Nua Tesco Lotus and put my card in and after I got to the amount part it came up with "This machine will dispense a maximum of 20,000 baht only". That has never happened to me before.

Can someone confirm that there is now a maximum limit? About 4 weeks ago I used the same AEON ATM and it was a maximum 20K then too.

Today I went to Big C Pattaya Klang and the AEON ATM was closed. I then walked over to Pattaya Nua Tesco Lotus and put my card in and after I got to the amount part it came up with "This machine will dispense a maximum of 20,000 baht only". That has never happened to me before.

Can someone confirm that there is now a maximum limit? About 4 weeks ago I used the same AEON ATM and it was a maximum 20K then too.

the old atm at homeworks will still dispense 40 notes

of the two machines in tesco last time i looked one says it will dispense 20 notes and the says it will dispense 40

i do not know why there is a disparity between them

however as there is no charge by AEON i do not see a problem in making two x20 k transactions though, if you get free banking atm / privileges by your bank whilst abroad

of the two machines in tesco last time i looked one says it will dispense 20 notes and the says it will dispense 40

however as there is no charge by AEON i do not see a problem in making two x20 k transactions though, if you get free banking atm / privileges by your bank whilst abroad

Hello blackman thanks for that, so it's hit and miss with the 2 at Tesco.

Can you please tell me exactly where the ATM is at Homepro? I went there the other day, I entered the front of homepro approaching from Sukhumvit but I couldn't find it. There was an ATM at the front but I think it was a Bangkok Bank one, maybe I'm going blind.

Point taken about doing 2 withdrawals, thanks again.

Can you please tell me exactly where the ATM is at Homepro? I went there the other day, I entered the front of homepro approaching from Sukhumvit but I couldn't find it. There was an ATM at the front but I think it was a Bangkok Bank one, maybe I'm going blind.

Better see your eye doctor facepalm.gif , that is the AEON ATM but is a little faded so maybe that is why you though it was a BB ATM

Edited by Rimmer
Please do not under any circumstances alter a quoted reply

Better see your eye doctor facepalm.gif , that is the AEON ATM but is a little faded so maybe that is why you though it was a BB ATM

maybe you all should see an eye doctor

its called HOMEWORKS not Homepro

also there are two ATM's to the right of the main entrance

one is Bangkok Bank and the much smaller shabby looking one to the far right of it is an AEON ATM

post-81023-0-51409000-1375913540_thumb.j

• Like 1

OK thanks guys, yeah ok HOMEWORKS, got it.

That is the mistake I made, I did not think the shabby one was an AEON ATM, now I know, cheers.

... and keep a 2nd option in mind as, like most ATM's, you could find it offline as I have on a number of occasions.

Just avoid the paydays for the Thais (15th and 30/31st) and the queues will be fine, Aeon do loans for things like white goods and the Thais would be in a hurry to put their money on payday. As for the fumbling in front of the machine bits, I suspect the thais who need loans for their toaster or microwave or even mobile phones might be struggling with their reading, so keep that in mind.

Just avoid the paydays for the Thais (15th and 30/31st) and the queues will be fine, Aeon do loans for things like white goods and the Thais would be in a hurry to put their money on payday. As for the fumbling in front of the machine bits, I suspect the thais who need loans for their toaster or microwave or even mobile phones might be struggling with their reading, so keep that in mind.

This is why the AEON ATM at Home Works is a great place to get money as it's an old machine with no payment options. If you go at the wrong time to the Big-C Xtra and Tesco ATMs you can have a long wait in extremely slow moving queues. It's not uncommon for one customer to be at the ATM for 5 minutes or more doing banking for several people.

if you see someone taking a long time at the |ATM , you might think they are struggling to the point where their fingers are bleeding

however its often because they are making the monthly payment to their payment/shopping/advanced loan card account

lets say for arguments sake the payment due is 2000 baht

once done the payment creates a credit less the interest due/paid on the account

they check this and then withdraw the credit

so the same money less the interest goes around and around in ever reducing circles

i see this all the time and its the multiple transactions and system updating that takes the time

like Tropo says, Homeworks is not a payment machine like the other three so you won't get this happening at that location

This is useful. It would be nice if someone can also confirm that you could get up to 40,000 baht in one withdrawal. Home banks often have charges when using foreign atms.

It looks like for machines that I've used, the maximum number of notes dispensed in a single transaction 20, if the machine is stocked with 1,000 notes, 20,000, sometimes when they are out of 1,000notes but still have 500baht notes only 20x 500=10,000 notes is given.

I haven't used the coveted machine at homeworks though, seems to be quite unique.

If you're in the area, MaxValue, a supermarket by AEON has just opened in SriRacha, they have plenty of AEON machine there too, just visited them last night

This is useful. It would be nice if someone can also confirm that you could get up to 40,000 baht in one withdrawal. Home banks often have charges when using foreign atms.

yes it delivers 40 notes in one transaction

i bank in singapore and have a draw limit of 2000 SGD a day on outside singapore machines

it usually equals about 45,000+ baht so i can get 40,000 baht from this AEON if i want it and often do

just for the record i am charged nothing by AEON and 1.50 SGD by DBS bank for doing so.........

(DBS, the greatest bank i have ever used)

i bank in singapore and have a draw limit of 2000 SGD a day on outside singapore machines

it usually equals about 45,000+ baht so i can get 40,000 baht from this AEON if i want it and often do

just for the record i am charged nothing by AEON and 1.50 SGD by DBS bank for doing so.........

It's not that special. I've taken 80,000 out of the AEON (2 pulls) at Tesco many times and I'm charged nothing at all by my bank (Citibank - checking account).

Thanks, your confirmation and tropo's is what I wanted to hear.