Calling Australia From Thailand

WilliamCave

It looks like there are a lot of numbers missing.

The 009 is the international calling number. 61 is the code for Australia. 4 indicates that it's a mobile phone. There should be 8 numbers following (except for some 13 numbers) whereas you only have 4.

009-61-4-0490xxxx

It should be +61 first I thought.

So try +61 40 490 xxxx.

Is the number here something like 0404 90x xxx? In your op, you say your not giving the last 2 numbers but it should be last 3?

Edited by krisb

So try +61 40 490 xxxx.

Is the number here something like 0404 90x xxx? In your op, you say your not giving the last 2 numbers but it should be last 3?

If you use +61 you pay a much higher calling rate. I call regularly and I can get every number using 00961 etc

So try +61 40 490 xxxx.

The "+" is effectively the same as "009", just using a different provider or call plan. There are various "00x" numbers you can use for calling international.

009 (international) 61 (Australia) then the mobile number with the first zero dropped. I've never had a problem with 009.

Or simply +61 then the mobile number with the first zero dropped (but +61 is more expensive)

I guess if you use +61 from a mobile it is the same as using the standard international access code, which is 001 from Thailand.

009, and other codes such as 007, 008 etcetera, use VoIP and are therefore much cheaper. As mickjn stated, not all the codes work on all phones, I believe some or all of them are provider specific. I use 008 when I dial the UK from my TOT phone at home for example. You might find you have more luck trying a different code if 009 is not working for you.

Alternatively, if you have a reasonable Internet connection, get a Skype subscription. I pay £4.59 a month for unlimited calls to the UK, I reckon that subscriptions for Australia are probably equally cheap. The call quality is great and after I have made two 30 minute calls to my dear old mum I am basically calling for free for the rest of the month. I have a 10mb / 512kb TOT line, which, judging by the attenuation and SNR figures is not great quality, and my calls are still clear with little or no delay.

Also, when calling from Skype, you just enter the number as if you were in the same country so no need to worry about dialling codes.

EDIT: Apologies if the above sounds like a Skype advertorial, I don't work for Microsoft, honest guv'nor. i just can't believe I didn't get a subscription earlier.

I can't believe it's not butter!

Edited by inthepink

009 (international) 61 (Australia) then the mobile number with the first zero dropped. I've never had a problem with 009.

Or simply +61 then the mobile number with the first zero dropped (but +61 is more expensive)

can also use 004 instead 009. have used it in the past but a while back.009 i found worked just fine

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App