Finding A Partner In Thailand

arch77778

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is finding a Thai guy who is tall enough and it's gay. And, the nice looking, middle aged farang guys are just passing through. They are fun for a short time, but I can't expect they'll be around more than a week or so.sad.png

I drink like a fish

Write English better than many supposed native speakers

Tried to get a job in a few bars, but they turned me down sad.png

And yes I've got a Skype account. So do millions others around the world

So what?

I hear you eat more cadbury's than most as well. biggrin.png

That'd be a deal breaker for sure :P

I drink like a fish

So what?

That'd be a deal breaker for sure tongue.png

Can we bring Galaxy chocolate into the equation then. For me it is the nuts. thumbsup.gif
  • Like 1

Ah the typical cynical TV crap... How can you expect to find someone here if you don't try to learn some of the language and culture?

You mean good girls don't speak English ?

Yep , they speak only Russian nowadays.

Speak some English but not too much

I have to disagree with this one in some cases. My favorite gals right now both have master's degrees. One is a school teacher who taught English in her school until they got farang teachers. The other is a school administrator. Neither has perfect English, but they can read, write and speak with no problem and it's no problem to understand them. Neither of them has ever been married, nor do they have kids. Both are in their mid 30's, tiny, and very attractive to me.

I may be unusual that I prefer highly educated women. I look for the one who simply will not accept a Thai man and is therefore single. Having all of that education is a sign to me that they are smart, hard working, and have real goals. It's also a sign that I probably don't have to totally support them or their family.

One of them comes from a family with much land, and she has her own "robber tree" plantation. Both have families that aren't dirt poor and thus the master's degrees.

Both live and teach in small villages in Isaan. They have little chance of meeting a nice farang there unless they luck into a school teacher. They are very interested in having even an older farang for their man.

YMMV.

• Like 1

Over the years attitudes towards relationships have changed dramatically in Thailand.

I have been with my Thai wife over 30 years; both in our 50s now and the ways of thinking were completely different in the days when we first met.

These days I just don`t feel that Thai women make good wife/girlfriend partners anymore and best not to become too deeply involved with them.

Down my way there is a Thai family. The guy has a very attractive daughter in her late 30s. She is not and has never been a bar girl but has her own business as an exporter of antique goods. All sounds good and would appear as an ideal catch for any discerning farang. But this woman is something like the black widow spider. Over the years she has had a string of profiles on dating websites. She always aims for farang guys in they’re 50s and early 60s because she believes that guys in this age group are more likely to have money and be more desperate for a younger female companion. After the first couple of dates she invites the farangs to meet her family, than the process for extracting these men of a lot of money begins, with stories that she requires money for her ailing business, the father needs a stomach operation and so on. Within the last 2 years the parents have had a new home built, new vehicles purchased and lots more with the monies obtained by scamming these farangs. It is well known by the locals how this family have acquired their new found wealth. There was one particular German man that we know gave this woman almost 1.5 million baht before she dumped him. My wife and I have said; one day this woman is going to choose the wrong victim and end up dead.

Many of the Thai women can now be compared with their counterparts in the West, where basically all they want is a child and to accumulate wealth for a comfortable life later on without a male partner. I am not in anyway intentionally denigrating Thai women, my point is that it`s a sign of the times and whatever you do, has to be done at your own risk and discretion, or in other words, tread carefully out there, it can be a dangerous world where you stand to lose everything, even your life in some cases.

• Like 2

If her ID says she is Male I'd probably give that a miss

Recently I saw a 40 yr old farang and his prize for the evening get turned away from a nightclub. Above the entrance it says 'No Ladyboy' (they cause alot of fights apparently, must be all the testosterone), security stopped them so they could check her ID. The look on this guys face when he worked out why they couldn't go in cheesy.gif . needless to say he stormed off.

OP: You don't need rules or a game plan to get laid here. Its the same as anywhere else, common sense and a brain will do. Sure pockets of cash will help but that's no different whistling.gif

• Like 1

Quasimodo can find a GF in LOS without Skype. coffee1.gif .

Who says ? biggrin.png

ME

post-41816-0-65086400-1356010714_thumb.j

I've a hunch, something may be wrong with your back. sad.png

Hate to point out the obvious but if you've got a hunch, maybe it's you with the problem!ermm.gif

• Like 2

I have to disagree with this one in some cases. My favorite gals right now both have master's degrees. One is a school teacher who taught English in her school until they got farang teachers. The other is a school administrator. Neither has perfect English, but they can read, write and speak with no problem and it's no problem to understand them. Neither of them has ever been married, nor do they have kids. Both are in their mid 30's, tiny, and very attractive to me.

I may be unusual that I prefer highly educated women. I look for the one who simply will not accept a Thai man and is therefore single. Having all of that education is a sign to me that they are smart, hard working, and have real goals. It's also a sign that I probably don't have to totally support them or their family.

One of them comes from a family with much land, and she has her own "robber tree" plantation. Both have families that aren't dirt poor and thus the master's degrees.

Both live and teach in small villages in Isaan. They have little chance of meeting a nice farang there unless they luck into a school teacher. They are very interested in having even an older farang for their man.

YMMV.

And you have two of them? I guess they're both out of luck.

I drink like a fish

So what?

That'd be a deal breaker for sure tongue.png

Can we bring Galaxy chocolate into the equation then. For me it is the nuts. thumbsup.gif

You mean the minstrels. ;)

• Like 1

Is this the new modern-day requirements to start a relationship, follow a checklist?

Not smoke

Not drink

Never worked in a bar

Never had a Farang BF before

No tatoos

Dont need money for her family

Dont have a buffalo in her family

Don't have multiple Skype accounts

Whatever happened to natural attraction and common sense? Perhaps thats just the naive romantic in me coming out!

I'm very happy that I am older and married that I don't have to worry about these things..................thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I had farang bf before ,we met in London when I was 25 and that time me was younger than him only a year. I was in London for my college and never had bar girl job before while he had a job in Harrods as a,pizza chef.

all I expected from him was " love "

but it was totally different from him. He used me for money and sex. I strongly remember that since the first day we lived together til the last day. he never spent for rents and "everything".

After 8 months we lived together I found that his family background was ok,not that poor liked I think.

they had small supermarket in Europe and enough properties to support themselves.

in finally he cheated me, had another girl while I went back to Thailand for summer.

Well,I think I lost about 2 millions in him in minimum.

but I'm still be positive to any other farangs I have met after that time.

Because this thing is depends on our own destiny and karma we have had. so I take it as the time if I met a wrong person that could hurt me or done wrong to me. its because a karma of mine.

ps. And you can be sure that I had no buffalo at home and my English is not verygood also.biggrin.png

Nice post, Mintra. Good luck in the future. Life is just a series of learning adventures and we can't worry about the cost. My ex cheated on me with someone I thought was a friend. But, I should have realized the kind of guy he was when we first met. However, in the end he probably did me a favour. I'm now free to do whatever I want, and most of it is with his money from our divorce settlement.

Live your life with high principles and don't worry about the other people. They have their own karma to deal with.

• Like 1

I had farang bf before ,we met in London when I was 25 and that time me was younger than him only a year. I was in London for my college and never had bar girl job before while he had a job in Harrods as a,pizza chef.

all I expected from him was " love "

but it was totally different from him. He used me for money and sex. I strongly remember that since the first day we lived together til the last day. he never spent for rents and "everything".

After 8 months we lived together I found that his family background was ok,not that poor liked I think.

they had small supermarket in Europe and enough properties to support themselves.

in finally he cheated me, had another girl while I went back to Thailand for summer.

Well,I think I lost about 2 millions in him in minimum.

but I'm still be positive to any other farangs I have met after that time.

Because this thing is depends on our own destiny and karma we have had. so I take it as the time if I met a wrong person that could hurt me or done wrong to me. its because a karma of mine.

ps. And you can be sure that I had no buffalo at home and my English is not verygood also.biggrin.png

Dear Miss mintra ... that is an awesome first post ... congratulations ... clap2.gif

Yes thumbsup.gif , and her English is better than mine, and l am English. sad.png .....................smile.png