Finding A Partner In Thailand

arch77778

Having my opinion of what ratio of real thai who speak excellent English against those who cannot, i would say anyone who speak perfect English and chasing a farang on Skype must raise an alarm bell for a starter.rolleyes.gif

Then i guess it's time to move on, because I read news reports on this forum that in 2015 when Asean is established that every Thai will speak fluent English.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having my opinion of what ratio of real thai who speak excellent English against those who cannot, i would say anyone who speak perfect English and chasing a farang on Skype must raise an alarm bell for a starter.rolleyes.gif

I have to disagree. I know two gals who teach and have master's degrees. They are in their 30's and have never been married. They live in small Isaan towns of about 25,000 people, and commute to the villages where they teach. During the week they stay at the school in its housing, and go home on the weekend.

They HATE Thai men and want a farang. They are also past their sell by date for many Thai men.

They both taught English in their schools until the schools got NES's. Their English is far from perfect, but I'd say fluent as it is a very easy to understand.

They are very computer literate and use Skype. They own houses and cars. One owns "robber trees."

They don't need a man. They want one. BTW neither is quite 5 feet tall (151cm) and both weigh in the 90 pound range (41kg.) They are really cute IMHO.

Just my $.02

• Like 1

I have to disagree. I know two gals who teach and have master's degrees. They are in their 30's and have never been married. They live in small Isaan towns of about 25,000 people, and commute to the villages where they teach. During the week they stay at the school in its housing, and go home on the weekend.

They HATE Thai men and want a farang. They are also past their sell by date for many Thai men.

They both taught English in their schools until the schools got NES's. Their English is far from perfect, but I'd say fluent as it is a very easy to understand.

They are very computer literate and use Skype. They own houses and cars. One owns "robber trees."

They don't need a man. They want one. BTW neither is quite 5 feet tall (151cm) and both weigh in the 90 pound range (41kg.) They are really cute IMHO.

Just my $.02

You said robber trees, yes ? laugh.png

Just my $.02

The skype names?

Edited by noob7

I had farang bf before ,we met in London when I was 25 and that time me was younger than him only a year. I was in London for my college and never had bar girl job before while he had a job in Harrods as a,pizza chef.

all I expected from him was " love "

but it was totally different from him. He used me for money and sex. I strongly remember that since the first day we lived together til the last day. he never spent for rents and "everything".

After 8 months we lived together I found that his family background was ok,not that poor liked I think.

they had small supermarket in Europe and enough properties to support themselves.

in finally he cheated me, had another girl while I went back to Thailand for summer.

Well,I think I lost about 2 millions in him in minimum.

but I'm still be positive to any other farangs I have met after that time.

Because this thing is depends on our own destiny and karma we have had. so I take it as the time if I met a wrong person that could hurt me or done wrong to me. its because a karma of mine.

ps. And you can be sure that I had no buffalo at home and my English is not verygood also.biggrin.png

But your spelling and punctuation is perfect?

my writing is not good as you seen.

But my speaking is quite ok I think

smile.png

Are you being mean Beetlejuice?

Beetlejuice you should know that starting of a sentence with the word 'but' is not grammatically correct either.

I had farang bf before ,we met in London when I was 25 and that time me was younger than him only a year. I was in London for my college and never had bar girl job before while he had a job in Harrods as a,pizza chef.all I expected from him was " love "but it was totally different from him. He used me for money and sex. I strongly remember that since the first day we lived together til the last day. he never spent for rents and "everything".After 8 months we lived together I found that his family background was ok,not that poor liked I think.they had small supermarket in Europe and enough properties to support themselves.in finally he cheated me, had another girl while I went back to Thailand for summer.Well,I think I lost about 2 millions in him in minimum.but I'm still be positive to any other farangs I have met after that time.Because this thing is depends on our own destiny and karma we have had. so I take it as the time if I met a wrong person that could hurt me or done wrong to me. its because a karma of mine.ps. And you can be sure that I had no buffalo at home and my English is not verygood also.biggrin.png
my writing is not good as you seen.But my speaking is quite ok I thinksmile.png
Are you being mean Beetlejuice?Beetlejuice you should know that starting of a sentence with the word 'but' is not grammatically correct either.
That it is a solecism to begin a sentence with a conjunction or preposition is a faintly lingering superstition. The OED gives examples ranging from the 10th to the 19th c. Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 1

Stoneyboy the other eight are,

Not smoke

Not drink

Never worked in a bar

Never had a Farang BF before

No tatoos

Speak some English but not too much

Dont need money for her family

Dont have a buffalo in her family

Looks like a shopping list

Not surprising it brings bargain deals

That it is a solecism to begin a sentence with a conjunction or preposition is a faintly lingering superstition. The OED gives examples ranging from the 10th to the 19th c.

Please define "solecism" or use a synonym. Dimn, it's getting rough around here. biggrin.png

• Like 1

That's what dictionaries are for.

Lets keep it on topic and drop the poor netiquette picking on someone's grammar or spelling cheers.

What's a dictionary?

Wait, I goggle it!

Edited by noob7

My problem is finding a Thai guy who is tall enough and it's gay. And, the nice looking, middle aged farang guys are just passing through. They are fun for a short time, but I can't expect they'll be around more than a week or so.sad.png

My Thai teacher is around 180 cm, good looking, university degree, 11 years in Australia, so: they exist - I don't know if he is in a relation, but anyway 25 km west from Udon Thani is a little off the path wink.png

He was Italian not English Kha smile.png

Ps. Oh yea, I forgot to ask him tho, how many buffalo he had at home.

biggrin.png

As his parents have a profitable restaurant, may be this is because of the use of home made mozzarella - buffalo cheese from Italy tongue.png

Right you are, i've always only heard about Kubota's that needed repair.

True, very true.

I tried to start family's Kubota and haven't been successful until my arm started hurting. I was up to buy a new used one but decided to go for a Honda water pump as my main use would be fish pond pumping.

BTW, my GF has to use BIL's skype account when we want to see from overseas smile.png

Bye,

Derk

I find it easier to walk out into my Soi and hail a partner than a taxi.

Post the GPS co-ordinates here and anyone who wants can give it a go

They are stacked 10 high at the local rubbish dump, pretty sure I saw some guys throwing rocks at them.

I had farang bf before ,we met in London when I was 25 and that time me was younger than him only a year. I was in London for my college and never had bar girl job before while he had a job in Harrods as a,pizza chef.

all I expected from him was " love "

but it was totally different from him. He used me for money and sex. I strongly remember that since the first day we lived together til the last day. he never spent for rents and "everything".

After 8 months we lived together I found that his family background was ok,not that poor liked I think.

they had small supermarket in Europe and enough properties to support themselves.

in finally he cheated me, had another girl while I went back to Thailand for summer.

Well,I think I lost about 2 millions in him in minimum.

but I'm still be positive to any other farangs I have met after that time.

Because this thing is depends on our own destiny and karma we have had. so I take it as the time if I met a wrong person that could hurt me or done wrong to me. its because a karma of mine.

ps. And you can be sure that I had no buffalo at home and my English is not verygood also.biggrin.png

my writing is not good as you seen.

But my speaking is quite ok I think

smile.png

Are you being mean Beetlejuice?

Beetlejuice you should know that starting of a sentence with the word 'but' is not grammatically correct either.

the verb has also been conjugated wrongly. if we are nitpicking, that is.

and why wouldn't someone who claims to have studied in London write passably well?

Edited by tinfoilhat

Not smoke

Not drink

Never worked in a bar

No tatoos

This list gave me quite a scare! I was just about to grab my most important stuff and make a run for it when i realized that my Gf does'nt have any Skype accounts. So I guess I'm safe!

But I'll make sure too keep an watchful eye on her computer for any suspicious Skype activitys...

Edited by mr78

Not smoke

Not drink

Never worked in a bar

No tatoos

This list gave me quite a scare! I was just about to grab my most important stuff and make a run for it when i realized that my Gf does'nt have any Skype accounts. So I guess I'm safe!

But I'll make sure too keep an watchful eye on her computer for any suspicious Skype activitys...

So how many facebooks does she have? And bloggang.com? a Profil in thailovelink? Not to forget the nice mobils with two simcards!

You don't know?

http://download.cnet.com/Elite-Keylogger/3000-2162_4-10383364.html

cheesy.gif

Not smoke

Not drink

Never worked in a bar

No tatoos

So how many facebooks does she have? And bloggang.com? a Profil in thailovelink? Not to forget the nice mobils with two simcards!

You don't know?

http://download.cnet...4-10383364.html

cheesy.gif

Well, the list did not mention anything about Facebook or Bloggang. So I'm safe. Her family does'nt have any buffaloes either, but the Tak Tak seems to get sick every now and then. But thats just life I guess. About the mobile, she has one that can hold up to five simcards at once but she only uses three, so nothing to suspect there either.

• Like 2

Not smoke

Not drink

Never worked in a bar

No tatoos

You don't know?

http://download.cnet...4-10383364.html

cheesy.gif

Well, the list did not mention anything about Facebook or Bloggang. So I'm safe. Her family does'nt have any buffaloes either, but the Tak Tak seems to get sick every now and then. But thats just life I guess. About the mobile, she has one that can hold up to five simcards at once but she only uses three, so nothing to suspect there either.

Y do she need 3 sim cards?

Y do she need 3 sim cards?

Well, one is an emergency card for whenever the tak tak breaks down, as you can imagine things get a little hectic when that happens and it's crucial to have one line open at all times as a decision/funding might be needed at any given moment.

Another card is used to communicate with thai/Chinese hi-so family and friends. She would'nt want to miss any of the important hi-so gatherings in the finest restaurants and ballrooms in Bkk, Hk Kl and on occation New York London and Paris.

The third number is mainly used to communicate with our servants. For example to call our tak tak chauffeur to pick us up when we feel we've had too much champagne at any of the many Thai/Chinese hi-so parties we attend.

So you see how important it is for her to have three simcards. Though she pesters me to get a mobile so she could throw away a card or two, but I dont use phones as I rely solely on telephaty to communicate. Did you hear that? That was me doing some telephathy, spooky stuff, right?