Massive Tot Internet Problems On The Darkside Again. Or Is Is Just Me?

roban

@Jayman.

I think when a ToT Engineer is referring to a Black Modem, he is thinking that the customer has a Thomson Speedtouch. These modem were handed out (long ago wink.png ) by ToT to customers.

Ok.. but that's not the black modem that TOT handed me several years ago. that is why jist refering to stuff as black and white is a bit silly don't you think. <deleted>, the model number for all electronics can be found printed on a sticker affixed to the device. Just because we live in Thailand doesn't mean we have to behave like Thais.

I agree !! rolleyes.gif

BTW They handed me the Thomson ST536 v6

• Like 1

Odd to see this topic after what happened with my modem. Topic in computer section and it was not the modem that needed replacing. The engineer / tech guy is what needs replacing... IMHO :) I am on the dark side too.

btw my modem is over 4 years old and a Billion 5210S

@Jayman.

I think when a ToT Engineer is referring to a Black Modem, he is thinking that the customer has a Thomson Speedtouch. These modem were handed out (long ago wink.png ) by ToT to customers.

Ok.. but that's not the black modem that TOT handed me several years ago. that is why jist refering to stuff as black and white is a bit silly don't you think. <deleted>, the model number for all electronics can be found printed on a sticker affixed to the device. Just because we live in Thailand doesn't mean we have to behave like Thais.

Not really since the ToT 'technician' refers to them in this way, without even seeing it, and he's supposedly an 'expert'

@Jayman.

Not really since the ToT 'technician' refers to them in this way, without even seeing it, and he's supposedly an 'expert'

Regardless what the Thai tech does, it's silly to refer to them by the color alone when many of the modems they have used in the past are all the same color. At the very least give a brand and color. Again, just because we are in Thailand doesn't mean we have to all act like Thais.

@Jayman.

Regardless what the Thai tech does, it's silly to refer to them by the color alone when many of the modems they have used in the past are all the same color. At the very least give a brand and color. Again, just because we are in Thailand doesn't mean we have to all act like Thais.

You might be in Thailand, and my modem also, but I'm not.

so is the thai tech you keep referring to calling you outside of thailand?

I have to admit that yet again this morning I was having connection problems here on the Dark Side. THE ADSL light kept going out, kept connectinhg for a few seconds and then failing. This over a period of 10 - 15 minutes on two occasions. In total thios has been happening for 3 or more weeks.

No amount of calls to TOT seem to resolve the problem.

The youngish tech guy twice came to the house and said the modem is the problem, yet if that is the case why does it work 90% of the time? He knew it was the modem because he glanced at it and told the g/f it is a modem problem.

It is still a black Billion 5210S currently rattling torrents down at 500+ speed.

This has to be a problem at their end.

Are they playing silly buggers with the connection to shift more of their white modems?

so is the thai tech you keep referring to calling you outside of thailand?

No, he called me the day I left Thailand but couldn't explain why for 1 hour a black modem was working fine and then a second later there was a connection problem because of the colour of it.

When I get back if there's stiill a problem I'll paint it white so if he asks again it'll confuse the sh!t out of him.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I got home from holiday after 2 weeks and still no internet so I went to the modem web page and set it up again and hey presto, it worked without even having to paint my modem white.

So much for ToT expert technicians that think they can diagnose a problem by knowing the colour of your modem.

So I got home from holiday after 2 weeks and still no internet so I went to the modem web page and set it up again and hey presto, it worked without even having to paint my modem white.

So much for ToT expert technicians that think they can diagnose a problem by knowing the colour of your modem.

dam_n, wish I had known that before I spent all that money on white paint. No clue why but white paint seems to be the most expensive color in this country. Even white cars seem to come at a premium. wink.png

dam_n, wish I had known that before I spent all that money on white paint. No clue why but white paint seems to be the most expensive color in this country. Even white cars seem to come at a premium. wink.png

You're lucky you could get some white paint, I only wanted a 1 litre can and they only had 3 litre cans which I wasn't going to buy just to paint a modem with.

Is there any way you guys could be more specific about the model of the modems that don't work and that do work rather than just giving the color?

I will start by saying the black one I have is a D-Link model DSL-526B. I no longer us it as I have TRUE cable service now but it was working when I last did use it.

The way I read the OP was the fact that the TOT Technician used the 'technical terms 'black one & white one'cheesy.gif