Minimun Salary For A "farang" To Get Wp

Dear All,

First of all , thanks to create such a useful Blog. I´m in a process to work in Bangkok as a Marketing & Customer Service in a Company in Bangkok.

I would like to know if there is a minimum salary that an expat or farang have to earn in Bangkok, as for example is happening in Australia.

Hope you can help me with this topic, as i have been reading that at least a farang will earn 50,000 baht,

Many thanks

Miguel!!

To extend your stay one year at a time from immigration will require the amount for your nationality and believe that is 50k for you (unless under work that is exempt such as teaching). Work permits do not have that requirement however but have seen reports that an office can use that figure at times

as lopburi3 wrote, the wp doesn't require a minimum salary.

It needs a company, that is keeping up with all the needed requirements, to hire a farang.

You could even work for free (beneficent), and still they would issue a wp, for the right employee, p.ex.

The Immigration instead wanna see either 50k or 65k (afaik), for a Farang, in case extension of stay is a goal, too. Your nationality will tell them., how much it is, in your case.

Never the less, some labor offices 'wanna see' a substantial advantage for the Thai community, Best shown with high taxes to pay.

But 50k usually is always enough, to apply and get the wp.And in your first year, a multiple non Imm B visa is always a good choice!

The multiple visa keeps untouched, in the unlikely event of a wp cancelation.

The extension of stay, based on a wp, is canceling your extension of stay, the same day, the wp is canceled!

Concurr with Lopburi and other post. As a Canadian previously managing a resort, minimum salary 50,000 Baht. Whether paid that or less, 50,000 has to be stated. Problems can arise if your employer does not show tax deductions, based on the 50,000. immigration will refuse to extend your visa.

As my boss told me while on the way to immigration, he said "I do not think they are going to extend your visa because I did not make tax deductions for you." Thanks a lot... Intelligent Thai resort and landscaping business owner. Teaching no minimum but must show 16 hours a month minimum work time.

Annex A of Thai Police Order 777/2551 listing minimum salary for extensions based upon working.

1. Countries in Europe (except Russia) and Australia, Canada, Japan, the United States of America Baht 50,000 per month

2. South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong Baht 45,000 per month

3. Countries in Asia (except Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam) and South America, countries in Eastern Europe, countries in Central America, Mexico, Russia, and South Africa Baht 35,000 per month

4. Countries in Africa (except South Africa), Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam Baht 25,000 per month

Annex A of Thai Police Order 777/2551 listing minimum salary for extensions based upon working.

1. Countries in Europe (except Russia) and Australia, Canada, Japan, the United States of America Baht 50,000 per month

3. Countries in Asia (except Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam) and South America, countries in Eastern Europe, countries in Central America, Mexico, Russia, and South Africa Baht 35,000 per month

4. Countries in Africa (except South Africa), Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam Baht 25,000 per month

No mention of China so guess they fall into category 3. Does anyone know for sure? I want to employ a native Mandarin speaker part time and would envisage paying in the 25-30k range.

Here is another twist which I hope someone may have the answer to. (Canadian)

If you plan on applying for a "Permanent Residency Permit" after 3 years of working / paying taxes on your salary, I believe that the amount has to be higher that the minimum amount for extension of stay.

I have had various answers to this question ranging from 60K to 80K baht, but no one has been able to answer this definitively.

About seven years ago I paid taxes on 60K per month for 3 years only to be told by a law firm that I did not qualify and should have been paying on 80K minimum per month.

Still not sure what the real story is, but I am wanting to start the program again this year.

Ubonjoe

Thanks for that document.

Still not exactly clear under section 3.2.3 (3)

"Earn annual income at least Baht 80,000 per month for a period of at least 2 years, up to the date of application submission, or have been filing tax return for the amount of annual income of Baht 100,000 for at least 2 consecutive years, up to the date of application submission. "

Anyway it is a lot more information than I had.

Regards

3.2.3 In case where the applicant lacks of any qualification as mentioned in

3.2.1 and 3.2.2 then the following requirement is applied.

1) Be a holder of work permit for at least 3 consecutive years up to the

date of application submission and

2) Have been working in the current company for at least 1 year, up to

the date of application submission and

3) Earn annual income at least Baht 80,000 per month for a period of at

least 2 years, up to the date of application submission, or have been

filing tax return for the amount of annual income of Baht 100,000 for at

least 2 consecutive years, up to the date of application submission.

I read the above to mean that if you have earned more than 100K baht for two yeas waives the 1 year requirement of working for the same company.

You can more info and required documents list here. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=residence

I was told it is up to 70,000 a month for a Canadian but only 50k for an American.

The doc above is last updated in 2008, but something happened in 2012.

I used to work for less than 40K and I still got a work permit. Officially the minimum wage for a European is 50K, from someone from the UK it's 65 (these are the numbers from a few years ago). As long as the company you want to work for is legit and provides all the necessary paperwork it will be all good.

I used to work for less than 40K and I still got a work permit. Officially the minimum wage for a European is 50K, from someone from the UK it's 65 (these are the numbers from a few years ago). As long as the company you want to work for is legit and provides all the necessary paperwork it will be all good.

Seems to me, you're confusing wp and extension of stay b/c of work/permit.