Should We Discuss Restaurants/watering Holes?

ThaiPauly

What is the name of your place? :o

However if you want a Coffee Shop in Hang Dong than my Wife's place "The Secret Garden" has many types of coffee available - (she buys from Starbucks, but charges half their prices). Papers. magazines, choose your own music.. sit inside or in a sala.. choice is yours.. a very peaceful haven...try it if you are out that way

TP,

directions please.

Take the Hang Dong Road out of CM.

You will see plenty of signs pointing you towards Bann Tawai Handicrafts Centre.

Once you get to Hang Dong which is the first proper town about 9 cliks up from Central Airport Plazza, hook a left at the traffic lights,. The Secret Garden is exactly 1 klik up on the left, slightly set back from the road.

If you can hang on till the end of the month there will be Crossaints and English breakfasts available as well

Cheers

TP

Posted in the coffee shop thread

Thanks for saving me the time. yes, we sell good coffee..... Many people passing the place in the morning are not ready to eat. Nothing wrong with that!

We also have an art gallery as well, but the paintings are not edible I'm afraid :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please come over to our place.....

Promise we won't make you put on too much weight....... (just lighten your wallet a little :D )If we could get you talking about The Duke's as much as us ... we will be millionaires wivin a year .. won't we Rodney!!

You've been polite up to now but lets get it over with. Give your place a nice big plug by inviting the local CM forum members down for a get together. The Farang connection and The Blues Factory are Thaivisa institutions by now, maybe if you impress everyone then your place will become the institution in CM. :o

cv

The Farang connection and The Blues Factory are Thaivisa institutions by now

I've never heard of either one of these places... :o

I can understand how a forum member with only 100+ posts has been kept in the dark about these "Thaivisa institutions" but if Ajarn (almost a "Thaivisa institution" himself) is not aware of these venues then I think some questions need to be asked regarding the dark and conspiratorial forces at work here . . . .

JxP :D

I am sure that The Fagang Connection is Lampard 10's place in Surin. The other one I have never heard of either.

CV I will invite everyone over, just as soon as we have completeed a few more things as we want to get our Western Menu up and running as many TV members like a change from Thai Food once in a while (and I am always polite :D )

TP

I am sure that The Fagang Connection is Lampard 10's place in Surin. The other one I have never heard of either.

CV I will invite everyone over, just as soon as we have completeed a few more things as we want to get our Western Menu up and running as many TV members like a change from Thai Food once in a while (and I am always polite :D )

TP

As an avid follower of this board and an appreciative consumer of both Thai & Farang food I use this forum as an indicator of possible new food centres in which I can indulge. It makes no difference to me who recommends it, it could be my favourite bar girl or the Queen of England or a TV moderator. Even the best cook in the world would not stop me from trying a new place to eat.

I for one will be visiting your place once you give the green light.

Keep the ball rolling guys and lets hear everyone’s opinion and please stop the haggling.

Pantip

Maybe we could organize a minivan (ok, Songthaew Red Bus) and make it a trip.. :o Afterwards we could visit the ruin site near Ban Kad / Thung Siow, before the government fecks it up. :D Or Ob Khan, also roughly in the area.

Ok then here is what I will offer to do to get as many TV Members as possible to try our place and have a right old do at the same time! !SUNDAY MARCH 12th.

I will pick up as many of you that want to come from the centre of town. Point of pick up to be determined.

I can seat six comfortably and if there are more than 6 of you that want to come and try us out then I will make 2 journeys at 40 minute intervals (thats how long it takes to get there and back.)

I could put on a family barbeque, Sausages, Burgers Kebabs, Chops, Chicken and Porl Loin Steaks, marinated in my special sauce which I do at home. OR you could just stick with the Thai Food.

The ride will be free, the food and drink won't be. But I would imagine that each sitting , and by the time you have all talked yourselves out would be 2-3 hours, but obviously you have all got to back at the same time, unless there are two journeys or even more than that to be made.

I hope that as many of you as possible will want to try and visit

Post if you wanna come and try the place out and we will see where we go from there?

We look forward to welcoming you to our little secret gem!

TP

Maybee I should have made this a seperate post?

Maybee Mods will advise?

Edited by ThaiPauly

Maybe we could organize a minivan (ok, Songthaew Red Bus) and make it a trip.. :D Afterwards we could visit the ruin site near Ban Kad / Thung Siow, before the government fecks it up. :D Or Ob Khan, also roughly in the area.

Ok then here is what I will offer to do to get as many TV Members as possible to try our place and have a right old do at the same time! !SUNDAY MARCH 12th.

I will pick up as many of you that want to come from the centre of town. Point of pick up to be determined.

I can seat six comfortably and if there are more than 6 of you that want to come and try us out then I will make 2 journeys at 40 minute intervals (thats how long it takes to get there and back.)

I could put on a family barbeque, Sausages, Burgers Kebabs, Chops, Chicken and Porl Loin Steaks, marinated in my special sauce which I do at home. OR you could just stick with the Thai Food.

The ride will be free, the food and drink won't be. But I would imagine that each sitting , and by the time you have all talked yourselves out would be 2-3 hours, but obviously you have all got to back at the same time, unless there are two journeys or even more than that to be made.

I hope that as many of you as possible will want to try and visit

Post if you wanna come and try the place out and we will see where we go from there?

We look forward to welcoming you to our little secret gem!

TP

Maybee I should have made this a seperate post?

Maybee Mods will advise?

Are mods allowed to go? :o

> Maybee I should have made this a seperate post?

> Maybee Mods will advise?

I wouldn't mind if you make it a separate posts. For sure loads of people won't read through this one. Make it into an annoucnement of a ThaiVisa gettogether / shop-warming-party for your wife's place. :o

> Ordinary users have the edit function for about 10 minutes after

> they post a message. Then it disappears.

Ah, ok, that clarifies it for me.

I appreciate Zzap's post, agree fully and do indeed agree that leaving something in place (courtesy note, or leaving a partial post) is better than zapping posts into thin air. I will try to do so from now on.

30 minutes for editing, actually, I would have expected mods to know this. :D

Anyway, nice gesture, Chanchao, makes you look like an open-minded sort of chap in public, even if you don't reply to pms. :o

> 30 minutes for editing, actually, I would have expected mods

> to know this.

The Thai Visa Moderator test is very similar to the Thai driving exam. :o Also when technical stuff changes there MIGHT be a post on the moderator forum, but it's not like every mod checks that every day. (Or, 'ever' in some cases. :D

> Anyway, nice gesture, Chanchao, makes you look like an open-minded

> sort of chap in public, even if you don't reply to pms.

Private message? From you you mean? I have no recollection of receiving one, but will check my message history right now and send a (belated) reply if I find one.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Ok, just checked and indeed found a message some time ago. Indeed I completely missed it. I apologize for that, especially as it was such a long and well worded message that raised some very valid points.

I will still reply to it, again I'm sorry I did not reply right away. :o