Any Truth In This Rumour? Bangkok Police On The Island.

Ah!!! that reminds me, I was told yesterday, there are people going around the island... posing as "Police" or "ex army" .... or what ever...

Asking for money for "Charity" with some kind of "sob story" .... They usually drive a round in pickup truck....

I've not seen these guys for several years, myself, ..... but politely just say NO!!!! ...... it's a con.

Sorry if off topic... maybe the same guys?

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

Ah!!! that reminds me, I was told yesterday, there are people going around the island... posing as "Police" or "ex army" .... or what ever...

Asking for money for "Charity" with some kind of "sob story" .... They usually drive a round in pickup truck....

I've not seen these guys for several years, myself, ..... but politely just say NO!!!! ...... it's a con.

Sorry if off topic... maybe the same guys?

You are correct Jimmy. I too have not seen them lately. They used to come around collecting for HMTK's birthday.

The giveaway is that they are collecting on behalf of the police AND the army. These two groups HATE each other.blink.png

The last time that I saw them, I pretended to go into the house to get some money. Brought out the camera instead. A Toyota pick-up truck can go backwards very quickly when it wants to whistling.gif

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 2

they did this last year and the year before around christmas and new year. I saw a German arrested as for being 5 times over the limit.

the problem is that the law exists. When if you get arrested just because got away with it 1000 times does not help your case if you get caught once

I can confirm you don't have to worry....w00t.gif

Bangkok Police Riding Around With Broken Breathalyzers

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Absolute classic angiud. 10/10

check point was at Manam last year. so if u get caught then i shall say told u so now

I remember this occasion well. I’d popped out around 7:00 pm for a meal, had a chat and a couple of beers and was heading back home in my jeep to watch something on TV. It was about 9.30, and things were quiet – just light traffic and with nobody on the wrong side. As I got near Soi 2, I could see a line of cars and a red light flashing in the darkness. Ah, I thought, accident! As the car in front came into my headlights, I could see the driver get out and walk around to the back. No, I thought. Drugs. But he didn’t stop and open the boot, he kept on walking and returned back to the open driver’s door and got back in.

He moved away and the policeman waved me over. I wound down the window. “Where you go?” he asked. “Back to my house,” I replied. He peered at me. “Are you drunk?” he inquired. “No,” I grinned. “Get outside!” he demanded. So I did. “Walk around car,” he ordered. So I did. As I completed the circuit and returned back to him, he waved me back inside the car with a look of disgust on his face. “Go,” he muttered and waved me away. I’d just taken Samui’s drink-driving test and passed. Or should that be ‘drunk driving’ test? It’s only an educated guess, mind, but they don’t seem worried about drinking and driving. But if you’re falling-over-drunk, aha! That’s a different story.

This year it seems that are using broken blow-tubes instead? Ahhh . . . they are getting so much more first-world all the time . . .

R

• Like 2

i think that if you could walk around your car and get back to where you started is a great test and the boys in brown should get world wide acclaim for their broad minded thinking and tolerant policing

good on you BIB

Actually they are getting worldwide recognition. Well certainly in the UK and Australia

• Like 1