Mayor Election

Mayor election 2012  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My wife just got 3000 reasons to go vote.

Mine only got 2400 reasons to vote. Hmm......

The organizer took 500 in commission from my wife.

Yours probably took 600.

20%, sounds reasonable, too!

Or the other reason pays less? (And will loose?)

Edited by noob7

Btw: Are the reasons always delivered at the day before?

Or is that only, b/c of/no apocalypse, yesterday, but the organizers wanted to make sure, they have a election, before the payment is done?

Edited by noob7

This is in Ban Thai my wife just received 4000 to vote for no1 there is someone else coming this afternoon with a promise of 2000 to vote for the other so I told her to take all the money.

And people wonder why there is corruption... It's people like you and your wife who encourage politicians to steal. For every 1000 baht handout, 2000 baht is taken back from the people. And you are allowing it. Thank you for stealing my, and other Samuians money! Next time I blow a tyre in a pothole, I will send you the bill for a new one.

And people wonder why there is corruption... It's people like you and your wife who encourage politicians to steal. For every 1000 baht handout, 2000 baht is taken back from the people. And you are allowing it. Thank you for stealing my, and other Samuians money! Next time I blow a tyre in a pothole, I will send you the bill for a new one.

She's taking the money and votes for the other candidate.

This is in Ban Thai my wife just received 4000 to vote for no1 there is someone else coming this afternoon with a promise of 2000 to vote for the other so I told her to take all the money.

Sound's like you are missing out so sorry for you. As for corruption I find it hard to believe this is corruption just making sure they get the vote why would they steal from the people I thought they were all honest.

There is no confidentiality, both teams will know who voted for which team.

Oh my. Some people just don't get it. The 'other candidate' also pays, so will want that money back, double. The loser will try again next election, and just adds this years losses to the new vote buying cost, and take it all back double, should he/she win then. Just don't take any money, and you have a right to stand up to corruption, and complain about 'lost' public funds, and bad infrastructure. Some people are just too dumb to understand that the 2000 baht profit today is their 4000 baht loss tomorrow.

Oh my. Some people just don't get it. The 'other candidate' also pays, so will want that money back, double. The loser will try again next election, and just adds this years losses to the new vote buying cost, and take it all back double, should he/she win then. Just don't take any money, and you have a right to stand up to corruption, and complain about 'lost' public funds, and bad infrastructure. Some people are just too dumb to understand that the 2000 baht profit today is their 4000 baht loss tomorrow.

I agree. However, i'm no sure I wouldn't take the money if I grew up in Thailand and had no faith what so ever in any of the candidates. 2, 3 or 4 thousand is a lot of money to some.

Edited by williamrobson

Well the BIB are out in force in Mae Nam tonight (Saturday 8:00 pm).

Interesting they are not stopping any farangs, only Thais - I pulled over in the spirit of sociological research to watch.

Trucks with dark glass got stopped - windows down and farang driver then waved on.

Nice to note thay are becoming marginally sensible at last.

(The Thai compound near me has been raging with a drunk party since about 6:00 pm . . . They musta finally twigged that you buy your hooch they day before . . . but if they have been getting 3,000 baht each then let's go for it.)

R

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

This election is going from bad to worse. My landlord and my wife are very angry today, because somebody have stolen their bribe-money. People inside the computer-system have access to voters name and and ID and have stolen it. So other persons have had the bribe-money from ............ (someboby.) Now they are gone vote for nr. 3. Amazing Thailand

This election is going from bad to worse. My landlord and my wife are very angry today, because somebody have stolen their bribe-money. People inside the computer-system have access to voters name and and ID and have stolen it. So other persons have had the bribe-money from ............ (someboby.) Now they are gone vote for nr. 3. Amazing Thailand

Wait, there is a 3rd party???

Wait, there is a 3rd party???

According to the van's candidate 13.

The Q bar is open and selling overpriced alcohol as usual.

Midnight on the 22nd until midnight on the 23nd is what I have been told by dozens of people over the last month or so. I have mentioned it on the forum.

6PM the 22nd to 10 PM the 23rd have I got from the Police.

The Q bar is open and selling overpriced alcohol as usual.

Midnight on the 22nd until midnight on the 23nd is what I have been told by dozens of people over the last month or so. I have mentioned it on the forum.

6PM the 22nd to 10 PM the 23rd have I got from the Police.

I'm too far back to hear it but judging by my FB page it's still rocking in Lamai. Anyone would think people don't care y'know......

I hope this election is going to be nullified because of vote buying.

Then everyone can have another go at the handouts.

Again and again gets nullified until some poor man wins.

Yes I agree with that.

I've during the last 3 weeks learnt about agents and recruiters, seen extended family members checking their name lists against voting lengths and getting paid a red one for each undecided voter they are being able to list.

I don't think it is the major (sic) candidates funding all of it, each tamboon elects 2 candidates to work with the new mayor so they are likely the ones shopping for votes.

Extended family got very upset a few days ago when the fat cow team upped the ante..

Edited by lom

I hope this election is going to be nullified because of vote buying.

Then everyone can have another go at the handouts.

Again and again gets nullified until some poor man wins.

Yes I agree with that.

I've during the last 3 weeks learnt about agents and recruiters, seen extended family members checking their name lists against voting lengths and getting paid a red one for each undecided voter they are being able to list.

I don't think it is the major (sic) candidates funding all of it, each tamboon elects 2 candidates to work with the new mayor so they are likely the ones shopping for votes.

Extended family got very upset a few days ago when the fat cow team upped the ante..

look buying votes is a world wide epidemic

how much money was spent on the USA elections ?????

and we have to put up with total media cover for 6 bloody months

corruption is world wide

but at least thailand is open about it