Complete Or Finished......? An Explanation Of The Difference....

David006

Thought at first this should maybe be in DIY or maybe about relationships here in LOS or anyplace else...lol...?

anyways.......I thought it was funny ......

No dictionary has been able to adequately explain the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED. However, in a recent linguistic conference held in London, England, and attended by some of the best linguists in the world: Samsundar Balgobin, a Guyanese, was the clear winner.

His final challenge was this: Some say there is no difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED. Please explain the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED in a way that is easy to understand.

Here is his astute answer:

"When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE. But, when you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED. And when the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are COMPLETELY FINISHED!"

It's likely this thread is completely finished as I see no relevance to Thailand whatsoever.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.

don't live here?....never mind...never understood Donavon's "far side of the road" neither.....even though it's the first LP I ever bought......555

seasons greetings to all...... never the less....