Thai Visa Requirements

I know that the money requirement for a Non immigrant O visa for a person married to a Thai national, is 200,000 baht in a Thai bank.

I saw a recent reference in this forum that this will go up to 400,000 in July.

Is that true? Where did the info come from? Ihave never seen it reported in the Bangkok Post.

Is there anywhere that these visa details are clearly posted?

My local immigration office will only feed me information if I know what questions to ask. There is no policy of transparency here.

You also have to watch them, because they do not always know what they are doing. They tried to fine me for not reporting every 90 days, until I pointed out that the entry stamp was only 2 months old!!!

I know that the money requirement for a Non immigrant O visa for a person married to a Thai national, is 200,000 baht in a Thai bank.
the bank balance requirement is currently 200,000+ in a thai bank for a one year visa extension based on a current non immigrant O visa. i think thats what you were referring to but wanted to post for others.
I saw a recent reference in this forum that this will go up to 400,000 in July.

Is that true?

i believe it is true, maybe george can supply a URL with some more details as it has been the main complaint on this forum along with the visa fees that have already increased.

Is there anywhere that these visa details are clearly posted?

thai immigration has their web site up and running again but the information isn't going to be as quick to be posted. dr pat pong always seems to get the inside so follow this forum.

always try to verify what you read here with an immigration officer or two concerning questions that are important to your visa.

Dr Pat;

It is rumoured that the proposed increases may not go ahead, but there is no word or confirmation from Immigration as yet

Sounds good, Since I have a nice new "O" visa issued on Friday, I will have to do the renewal with the 400k rule. So if the 400k rule is not there, wow I have 200k to spend on wine (one) woman ans song..... :o

Dr Pat;
It is rumoured that the proposed increases may not go ahead, but there is no word or confirmation from Immigration as yet

Sounds good, Since I have a nice new "O" visa issued on Friday, I will have to do the renewal with the 400k rule. So if the 400k rule is not there, wow I have 200k to spend on wine (one) woman ans song..... :D

Save some of the save just to waste :o