After One Year Type O?

Hi there,

I am kind of lost i had the impression that i need to make my Type O Visa outside Thailand. I made my First in Austria during Honeymoon. Now one year later i thought i need to go out of Country again and got myself a Flight to Penang a few days there and back . But it looks like this isn't really necessary as i could have done a extension right in BKK. Regardless i will go there..,.but can i do the extension or just another Type O one year Visa there?

Thanks for your reply,

rcm :o

Hi there,

I am kind of lost i had the impression that i need to make my Type O Visa outside Thailand. I made my First in Austria during Honeymoon. Now one year later i thought i need to go out of Country again and got myself a Flight to Penang a few days there and back . But it looks like this isn't really necessary as i could have done a extension right in BKK. Regardless i will go there..,.but can i do the extension or just another Type O one year Visa there?

Thanks for your reply,

rcm :o

You need to do it again outside Thailand

No, you cannot do the extension there, you can only do the visa there

On what grounds will you be applying for the visa?...( Marriage i guess!)

If its based upon marriage to a Thai National then you can obtain a Non Immigrant O visa down in Penang you will need your marriage certificate and wifes i.d..............once you are granted the visa you can if you wish extend it 1 year at a time (i.e you need not leave Thailand again during each years stay) this is done at local Immigration within Thailand the main requirement for the 1 year stay is that you show 400k baht in a bank account here,to support your wife.

Apply for the 1 year extension within the last 30 days of the 90 day stay you will recieve when you return from Penang.

The only requirement during the years stay extension is that you report your address to immigration every 90 days.

If your present stay has not expired and you are quick enough you could apply for the 1 year extension now...........providing you have the 400k in an account here of course.

:o

One more thing if you dont have the 400k then you can always obtain the Non Imm O visa and do 90 day border runs...........you/ll need marriage cert and i.d again though to be granted the visa in Penang.