Pheu Thai To Seek 24 Million Votes; Bowing To Thaksin, Abhisit Says: Referendum

webfact

Interesting that Thaksin favours a referendum. I think its a mis-step on his part; he is shrewd, so does he have something up his sleeve to achieve the required number of votes? Or is he deluding himself on his own 'popularity'? All it takes for people wont don't like him or indifferent to him or the constitutional amendments to stay at home, it will take a lot of cash to get people out to vote.

He has pumped a huge amount of cash into the coffers of his supporters through the rice pledging scam and flood prevention schemes, maybe now he wants a favour in return.

Since Yingluck already said that they would go on amending the constitution whether there is a referendum or it's outcome then it's just more smoke and mirrors.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, with the usual red-shirt slogans thrown in.

He says he noticed a contingent of red-shirts on the stage at Bonanza (was he there?) attempting to drum up support in the south. I think they may well be out-intimidated there.

Yes, just like calgarill, always in every place in Thailand, every hour, every minute, always has instant access to everybody / everything every minute of every day,

What bullshXt!

Cargarill trfied the same thing, eventually painted himself / herself into the 'no credibility in any direction' corner.

Here we go again.

Never being able to Post,without referring to the Coup,is another dead giveaway!

why not mention the coup. that was key to the conflicts which followed.

as for always mentioning - some posters cant go 2 posts without blming thaksin for all the evil in thailand

Then you should go 1 step back. Why was there a coup in the first place.. Correct, to stop the most corrupt politician in Thai history from doing more damage to Thailand.

• Like 2

^^ Is the motto of the PT Yingluck says PT does? No-one in the PT cares what she says, much less what she thinks.

If the referendum gets derailed it will be tough to put these controversial bills on the agenda again, as it would look like they are going against the wishes of the thai people. Its an important test, essentially of Thaksin's popularity and his ability to mobilise support at crucical times, if he fails it is a big blow to his image, he will look a fool. If he succeeds it will create a very difficult to stop momentum for his return.

Edited by longway
  • Like 1

^^ Is the motto of the PT Yingluck says PT does? No-one in the PT cares what she says, much less what she thinks.

If the referendum gets derailed it will be tough to put these controversial bills on the agenda again, as it would look like they are going against the wishes of the thai people. Its an important test, essentially of Thaksin's popularity and his ability to mobilise support at crucical times, if he fails it is a big blow to his image, he will look a fool. If he succeeds it will create a very difficult to stop momentum for his return.

Yingluk has already said if the referendum fails.then Pheua Thai will proceed in Parliament, the court ordered the referendum she says- ie blame them for this waste of public money.

^ Well I disagree, I think they will find it very difficult to do anything on the constitution if they lose the referendum. lets see how it goes, we will get a picture in a few months. IMO Thaksin has miscalculated badly, but then again he is a multi billionaire and former PM and I am just a nobody posting on TV.

He is also a megalomaniac and I think he has his head up his arse; it would be ironic if he has fallen for his own propaganda and has over-estimated his popularity.

OTOH hand the maths of the money work out - Rice scam 400 billion and counting, Flood corruption works 2-300 billion or thereabouts I think going to his supporters. Cost of 25 million votes in a referendum at about 500 baht a pop: 12.5 billion baht. He can certainly call on a few favours here and there to get people mobilised.

Edited by longway

Yes, just like calgarill, always in every place in Thailand, every hour, every minute, always has instant access to everybody / everything every minute of every day,

What bullshXt!

Cargarill trfied the same thing, eventually painted himself / herself into the 'no credibility in any direction' corner.

Here we go again.

Never being able to Post,without referring to the Coup,is another dead giveaway!

why not mention the coup. that was key to the conflicts which followed.

as for always mentioning - some posters cant go 2 posts without blming thaksin for all the evil in thailand

Then you should go 1 step back. Why was there a coup in the first place.. Correct, to stop the most corrupt politician in Thai history from doing more damage to Thailand.

incorrect.

because that is what the elite were used to doing when their side cant win elections.

incorrect.

because that is what the elite were used to doing when their side cant win elections.

So we are back to the mysterious "elite". When I look at the current government, I see many who would aspire to that title, and quite a few criminals - sometimes they are one and the same. Would they be a "criminal elite"?

Edited by OzMick

incorrect.

So we are back to the mysterious "elite". When I look at the current government, I see many who would aspire to that title, and quite a few criminals - sometimes they are one and the same. Would they be a "criminal elite"?

The criminal elite speak with forked tounge ........... His lies sound so familiar

Edited by waza

the yellow brigade is at it again.

one claims that having a sister as PM makes calling someone a political exile as idiotic. another wants a child's description of the differences between the two terms, and a third spouts more sibling nonsense, while another just whips out the dictionary as if that proves something.

thaksin is a political exile. he is a fugitive only if you buy into the legitimacy of a non-elected coup-based government and the court system created by it.

which apparently many in this forum do buy into. oh, and the oft, almost sole, news source does too

Or let's keep it simple and call Thaksin a coward. Everybody who barks from a distance is a coward.

He is a criminal who has been on the run for over 6 years. Keep it simple dude.

• Like 1