Katoeys: What Does The Police Do?

geuda

Stay away from them if you don't like fake females, don't try to have fun by telling them you won't pay because they're fakes. Don't go anywhere near them. They lift your wallet in a split second when you're pissed. Just smile and keep walking when you pass a cross-dresser ugly as hell trying to sell that bony body of his.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just have a look online at any pattaya news paper and see what katoeys get up to on beach rd pattaya towards tourists. or for that matter nana plaza or bangla rd.

enough said i think.

Strange that the 3 places you have mentioned are all favoured destinations for farang mongers.

I live in a Thai area of Bkk, I see and talk to katoeys on a regular basis, they are just normal people, never felt threatened by them, some of them are staggeringly beautiful, some of them are more feminine than some of the brass that passes for female in the tourist traps you have mentioned, some of them are very generous to their friends, most of all they usually have a sense of humour and are a good laugh and good company.

Nuff said I think.

I have never find any katoey feminine. They do have a reputation of being aggressive and dishonest.

Better for newcomers to the LOS to keep away from them.

Why raise your voice? Smile and respectful no thanks usually works just fine.

Maybe if someone is not 100% sure about his sexuality,trying to suppress his true colors,easily finds himself in conflict situations.

Maybe?

You've obviously never had the unwelcome and unsolicited attention of a ladyboy groping you and trying to get its hand in your pocket.

If a female is being groped by a man, would you suggest that she "Smile and respectfully says no thanks"?

Maybe if someone is not 100% sure about his sexuality,trying to suppress his true colors,easily finds himself in conflict situations.

Maybe?

You've obviously never had the unwelcome and unsolicited attention of a ladyboy groping you and trying to get its hand in your pocket.

If a female is being groped by a man, would you suggest that she "Smile and respectfully says no thanks"?

There's a great many here who probably think so unsure.png

• Like 1

Maybe?

I've never had that happen to me and I run "the gauntlet" between Sukhumvit 7 and Asoke regularly. I know it does happen but typically they target older guys who are visibly drunk.

With that in mind, it might be better to take a taxi if your route home intersects with a known katoey groping station.

Of course, on the rare occasion I'm approached, I just say "I'm not gay". Their responses can be amusing. One once replied with a lisp, "Ith Okaaaayyy - I heb putheeeee" biggrin.png

just have a look online at any pattaya news paper and see what katoeys get up to on beach rd pattaya towards tourists. or for that matter nana plaza or bangla rd.

enough said i think.

Strange that the 3 places you have mentioned are all favoured destinations for farang mongers.

I live in a Thai area of Bkk, I see and talk to katoeys on a regular basis, they are just normal people, never felt threatened by them, some of them are staggeringly beautiful, some of them are more feminine than some of the brass that passes for female in the tourist traps you have mentioned, some of them are very generous to their friends, most of all they usually have a sense of humour and are a good laugh and good company.

Nuff said I think.

I have never find any katoey feminine. They do have a reputation of being aggressive and dishonest.

Better for newcomers to the LOS to keep away from them.

You shouldn`t pay to much attention to the "reputation" that some groups and people are labeled with by others wink.png.....it`s usually over exaggarated.

• Like 2

It's funny but a bit embarrassing when someone refers to a ladyboy as 'it'. Shows a high degree of confusion. Here's a rough guide for you and others who can't do better than use 'it'. If you want to be polite, they are a 'she'. If you want to be somewhat less than polite, they are a 'he'. It's just a question of manners on your part. And even if you want to bring biology into it, they are clearly sexual humans which means that 'it' is completely inappropriate and that you need to sit down in a quiet place and rethink your attitude towards them.

I do agree, referring to any person as "it" is not cool.

Perhaps the better tactic as a group of aggressive ladyboys has surrounded you, hugging you tightly as they rifle through your pockets, is to politely inquire:

"How should I refer to you, gender-wise?"

post-37101-0-07637600-1356467421_thumb.j

http://transwhat.org/allyship/

Edited by Jingthing

I'm having doubts that you actually just told them you were straight. You must have said something and riled them up in order for them to attack you.

I'm sorry you got attacked though and I hope you're recovering well.

I agree with that but it doesn't excuse being violently assaulted. BTW, why would telling LBs you are straight repel them? That's what they're mostly after sexually, straight men walking on the wild side; gay men overwhelmingly like actual males who present as males, so LBs presenting as women would be the opposite of what appeals. Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

When I have done the school run I have seen plenty of 15 year old ladyboys, all holding hands with the 15 year old girls.

Some ladyboys are younger and it is not a choice but how they were born.

Can I understand it ?.

No, but I can accept it.

I sometimes wonder if it is the way they are treated that makes them violent, backed into a corner and all that.

When I have done the school run I have seen plenty of 15 year old ladyboys, all holding hands with the 15 year old girls.

Can I understand it ?.

No, but I can accept it.

I sometimes wonder if it is the way they are treated that makes them violent, backed into a corner and all that.

Yes, there is a lot of discrimination in Thai society towards transgendered people, pressuring them into a very limited choice of life roles. There is massive mockery of them in the entertainment media. Some of those limited option roles are criminal roles. A small minority become high achievers usually related to higher economic class of their family and strong FAMILY support. Edited by Jingthing

Can I understand it ?.

No, but I can accept it.

Yes, there is a lot of discrimination in Thai society towards transgendered people, pressuring them into a very limited choice of life roles. There is massive mockery of them in the entertainment media. Some of those limited option roles are criminal roles. A small minority become high achievers usually related to higher economic class of their family and strong FAMILY support.

I've always wondered about that.

Isn't Thailand (correct me if I'm wrong) about the easiest country to openly see ladyboys? Dosen't that go contrary to the descrimination?

• Like 1

Can I understand it ?.

No, but I can accept it.

Yes, there is a lot of discrimination in Thai society towards transgendered people, pressuring them into a very limited choice of life roles. There is massive mockery of them in the entertainment media. Some of those limited option roles are criminal roles. A small minority become high achievers usually related to higher economic class of their family and strong FAMILY support.

Isn't Thailand (correct me if I'm wrong) about the easiest country to openly see ladyboys? Dosen't that go contrary to the descrimination?

Not if young ones feel society is telling them your choices are: show business ladyboy act, prostitute, thief, waitress (OK not so bad), retail clerks in certain kinds of places (OK not so bad).

So yes I think discrimination in Thai society is a major causative factor in the criminality rate of transgendered people here. That doesn't mean the individual criminals are acceptable though. It would be nice for Thailand to progress in its treatment of minorities but that doesn't make getting harassed, burgled, violently assaulted, or drugged any more OK.

Edited by Jingthing

60 years old and drunk arguments with Thais!....sleep it off and lesson learned...finally.

I just wonder if all those people here who blame the victim would do the same if the victim would be a woman harrassed and attacked by a group of thugs.

Bigotry at its finest.

• Like 2

60 years old and drunk arguments with Thais!....sleep it off and lesson learned...finally.

I just wonder if all those people here who blame the victim would do the same if the victim would be a woman harrassed and attacked by a group of thugs.

Bigotry at its finest.

Good point, but the OP did make it clear he was being provocative and hostile. I suggest active avoidance of such conflicts and/or FLIGHT. Edited by Jingthing

Bigotry at its finest.

Good point, but the OP did make it clear he was being provocative and hostile. I suggest active avoidance of such conflicts and/or FLIGHT.

Id suggest just saying nothing. It would avoid the situation entirely

• Like 1

Can I understand it ?.

No, but I can accept it.

Not if young ones feel society is telling them your choices are: show business ladyboy act, prostitute, thief, waitress (OK not so bad), retail clerks in certain kinds of places (OK not so bad).

So yes I think discrimination in Thai society is a major causative factor in the criminality rate of transgendered people here. That doesn't mean the individual criminals are acceptable though. It would be nice for Thailand to progress in its treatment of minorities but that doesn't make getting harassed, burgled, violently assaulted, or drugged any more OK.

I agree those career roles are limited but can you imagine going for any interview in the UK as a transgender?

The job choices would be meager in comparison.

Not to excuse aggressive street ladyboys harassing or attacking people, but for your own sake, it's best to keep your opinions about them not being real females to yourself. The ones working the street can be dangerous and unstable and it's best to just tell them politely thank you but you already have a girlfriend waiting for you.

I agree. I'd wager most of the agressive ones are yaba addicted and will do about anything to get money for their next pill...

At the end of the day if you can't back up a smart mouth then back away. Law of consequences doesn't account for right or wrong, just action and counter action. So if you are 60 and not in great shape then shut up as you age will garner no sympathy from the recipient of your comments.

As an aside my uncle started karate when he was 60 and was a black belt by 70, it is never too late...

• Like 2

There is so many katoeys in Pattaya now that it is a problem especially late at night.

They hang around in groups waiting for easy marks all along the Beach, Walking St, Boukow, Second Rd etc

They are men dressed up as women pumped full of hormones, many drug addicted and all looking for money.

A recipe for problems no doubt about it.

Like JT has stated I will cross the road to avoid them.

In many countries they could be charged with assault for what they do on a regular basis to passers by.

Feel sorry for the OP. But dont expect the police to do anything.