Where To Register My Company, Thailand Or Europe

Hello,

Just trying to figure something out in advance before the situation arises. I may need to employ 1 or 2 or more people in the future for a business im starting, its online tech suport by the way. These people would only need access to skype and a good broadband connection to do this job so in theory they could work from anywhere in the world. Im in Ireland so if i got someone to work for me in Thailand for example id imagine id have to pay at least minimum wage. Now depending on how the business is running i could be able to pay that but if profit margins are tight and/or to improve profit margins it might be more econimical to have a good english speaking farang working for me in Thailand on a good salary by thai standards but not a good european salary.

There are many farangs that would be interested in this type of work if they had the right skills if they were getting between 35,000 and 50,000 say as an example. This would provide someone with enough income to live in Thailand depending on their lifestyle obviously.

My question is if my company is registered in Ireland, where i live, can i employ someone from abroad to do the work and am i then bound by all irish laws regarding wages etc

If this is the case is it possible to register my business in another country to allow me to employ someone living in Thailand or a similar country where i wouldnt be bound by Irish minimum wage laws. Also what are the pros and cons of registering my business in another country. My business will be able to run from any country in the world so i dont think its a neccessity to have it in the country i live in now and either way theres a good chance i will run it myself from Thailand in the future.

Im not trying to be a cheap charlie by avoiding minimum wage, but if i was to pay someone minimum wage in ireland for this work then i dont think i would get the same effort that i would by paying someone in Thailand the equivilant. Also i could afford to give good performance bonuses if i was paying less to keep them motivated and as long as they were doing a good job i would make sure they were happy.

If your foreign staff is working in Thailand they must have work permits. This means you need to register the company in Thailand in order for them to have work permits.

Your Limited company in Thailand would be governed by Thai laws and not Irish laws.

A number of companies feel like you and more and more are outsourcing to another country to get a better and lower cost productivity.

www.lawyer.th.com

If your foreign staff is working in Thailand they must have work permits. This means you need to register the company in Thailand in order for them to have work permits.

Your Limited company in Thailand would be governed by Thai laws and not Irish laws.

A number of companies feel like you and more and more are outsourcing to another country to get a better and lower cost productivity.

www.lawyer.th.com

Thanks for the advice. I was wondering then because my work would be completely virtual would i need a work permit, if say for example all my clients were in the US,Canada, UK & Ireland. Then i would basically be on holiday completing some work over the internet and would not have any business interest with Thai people. If there is a fine line between this and it could cause legal issues or possibly been blacklisted then i wouldnt take the chance, just trying to size up my options. I could then register my company in a tax free country or something and then i could have employees working for me through the internet from home anywhere in the world???

my work would be completely virtual would i need a work permit, if say for example all my clients were in the US,Canada, UK & Ireland. Then i would basically be on holiday completing some work over the internet and would not have any business interest with Thai people. If there is a fine line between this and it could cause legal issues or possibly been blacklisted then i wouldnt take the chance, just trying to size up my options.

Any kind of work without a WP for a foreigner is technically illegal. The fine line is between what is enforcable and what isn't.

Edited by ~G~

was wondering then because my work would be completely virtual would i need a work permit, if say for example all my clients were in the US,Canada, UK & Ireland.

You could theoretically not have a work permit, if you never set foot in Thailand and have Thai employees and you are the Managing Director.

If you were the sole Managing Director and have foreign employees, you must also have a work permit no matter if you are in Thailand or living outside Thailand.

www.lawyer.th.com