30 Day Visa Runs - How Many Is Too Many?

I have a friend who has done 8 straight 30 day visa runs via plane. I thought Immigration had tightened that up considerably 2 years back. He is going for his 9th in a few days, this one by land as he needs only a few more days before he leaves for good. Is there any danger that they won't let him back in this time? Or has the 30 day limits pretty much gone out the window? Thanks.

Why would he want to do that (8 straight 30-day runs BY PLANE) when he could simply go once to Vientiane (Laos) or Seoul, for example, and get 2 double-entry visas that would let him stay 6 months? That must have cost him a small fortune in plane tickets, taxis and probably one-night hotel stays too.

And if he's only staying a few days more, he doesn't need to go a 9th time. He can simply extend his visa at Immigration for 7 days paying 1,900 baht.

I had a friend that did it for years. Worked offshore and was never in Thailand more than 30 days at a time. Always was a break between entries since he was working. Never had a problem with immigration and the company was paying for his transportation.

Why would he want to do that (8 straight 30-day runs BY PLANE) when he could simply go once to Vientiane (Laos) or Seoul, for example, and get 2 double-entry visas that would let him stay 6 months? That must have cost him a small fortune in plane tickets, taxis and probably one-night hotel stays too.

And if he's only staying a few days more, he doesn't need to go a 9th time. He can simply extend his visa at Immigration for 7 days paying 1,900 baht.

Don't count on anything from Thai immigration in VTE. I live in Laos, I wanted to go to Thailand for a 2 month vacation, spent two days at the office in the city and 1000TB. When I went through Thai immigration office on the Friendship bridge he gave me a 15 day stamp which expired on Jan..w everthing was booked solid, planes, train, buses, I had to return to VTE two days later. For now I would suggest Myanmar or Cambodia. When Thai immigration stops treating every single male as a Drug Dealing Sex tourist, I will go back to Thailand.

Don't count on anything from Thai immigration in VTE. I live in Laos, I wanted to go to Thailand for a 2 month vacation, spent two days at the office in the city and 1000TB. When I went through Thai immigration office on the Friendship bridge he gave me a 15 day stamp which expired on Jan..w everthing was booked solid, planes, train, buses, I had to return to VTE two days later. For now I would suggest Myanmar or Cambodia. When Thai immigration stops treating every single male as a Drug Dealing Sex tourist, I will go back to Thailand.

You mean they made a mistake and you should have had it corrected at immigration.

Never experienced that they treated me as a Drug Dealing Sex tourist.

I had a friend that did it for years. Worked offshore and was never in Thailand more than 30 days at a time. Always was a break between entries since he was working. Never had a problem with immigration and the company was paying for his transportation.

I do the same, weekdays work in Singapore en stay every weekend at "home" in Thailand. The only problem is that I have to renew my passport every two years as it is full with stamps. Edited by ottoemil