Question On The Tourist Visa Exemption, Etc

My situation, I hope, will be that I will arrive with a double entry tourist visa but want to be stamped in with a Tourist Visa Exemption (30 days on entry)

The reason for wanting this is that SWMBO wants to take a trip to Singapore within days of our arriving. Thus I would only stay a couple of days then out and back in a week then a 5 week stay so I don't want to waste an entry the first time.

So my question is. Has anyone arrived in Thailand with a valid visa and (because they didn't need to) not used the visa but got a Tourist Visa Exemption stamp?

If they do give you the 60 day entry stamp then you can always obtain a Single Re-Entry Permit from Immigration within Thailand (cost 1000 THB); this will preserve your 60 day entry date (when you then get back from Singapore you will get the original 60 day 'Permitted to Stay Until' date stamped into your passport again).

If they do give you the 60 day entry stamp then you can always obtain a Single Re-Entry Permit from Immigration within Thailand (cost 1000 THB); this will preserve your 60 day entry date (when you then get back from Singapore you will get the original 60 day 'Permitted to Stay Until' date stamped into your passport again).

Thanks for that. I didn't realise you could get a Re-Entry Permit for a tourist visa.

Are you sure it is OK?