Aranyaprathet, Where Have All My Friends Gone?

Aranyrammie

Hello everyone, I live about 10km from aranyaprathet in sa kaeo. In my villiage there was a small number of ex-pats whom I would keep in touch with, gossip about the locals and occasionally drink a Leo or singha with. That's all changed. One has gone back to the states for medical reasons, one has gone to stay in Pattaya since becoming a widower and another has marital problems which I don't want to get involved in. Apart from him I just don't see many "farang" around this part of aranyaprathet, I have to go to tesco lotus and even then don't see many. What I am asking is this, are there any Thai-visa members around Aran? Evan on the message boards aranyaprathet hardly gets a mention, in fact I bet I've just quadrupled the amount of times now. Anyway, to all my neighbours ( if there are any ), hope you have a good new year. John s.

• 3 weeks later...

Many expats in the area that you live and also Aran. Try the Market hotet in Aran seems a lot of folks go there too eat. The owner Jake is expat also .........

Hello retiredusn, I have been a number of times for a breakfast at the Market Hotel and I have, on seperate occasions, met two expats but never seen them again. Always plenty of backpackers going through the place though. Cheers