30 Year Lease ? For Those Who Know

• 10 months later...

It all depends on the lease terms, which can vary. The lease may stipulate a monthly, quarterly, annual payment or a lump sum at commencement. Each lease can differ depending upon the agreement made by the two parties to the lease- which is, of course, the whole point of such an agreement

As Khun Jean has already stated, there is no such thing as "in general".

For land leases, (on which I build commercial properties) I have always (and continue) to pay monthly. Only the land tax has to be paid for the full term when the land lease is registered at the land office.

If I want to end the contract and walk away before the end of the lease term, there is no penalty imposed on me. But the landowner cannot end the lease before it's full term, unless I default on my monthly payments

Simon

• Like 1

For land leases, (on which I build commercial properties) I have always (and continue) to pay monthly. Only the land tax has to be paid for the full term when the land lease is registered at the land office.

If I want to end the contract and walk away before the end of the lease term, there is no penalty imposed on me. But the landowner cannot end the lease before it's full term, unless I default on my monthly payments

Simon

This is interesting but it brings several questions:

1. Are you in anyway related to the land owner or are they a friend?

2. Do you pay any kind of a deposit or a down payment?

3. Have you done this more than once?

4. Was the land forsale and you talked to the owner about leasing the land long term or was the land for rent?

5. Is there any other yearly taxes or fees that you pay on the lease or on the buildings that you build?

6. Could you give a copy of the contract that you use?

Thanks for your help