Russian Husband Commits Suicide In Jomtien Hotel After Split With His Wife

Rimmer

This type of thing is almost a daily occurrence. What is it with Jomtien?

I dont know. I've been living in a Jomtien condo for a couple of years and haven't seen a single dead person or mugging or shooting or burglary in my building or out on the streets so far.

What am I doing wrong?

I did see a minor traffic accident the other day though. Dented bike. No blood spilled. Not much excitement. Lots of people watching though so I suppose they dont generally see much of greater interest either.

Wait, wait, I thought the approved way of killing yourself in Thailand was to jump from a high building or poison yourself?

On a side note, unless she took his entire life savings, he should just find an 18 year old to play with until he gets over the wife. Lets just say she took his entire lifes savings; if that was me, I wouldn't be committing suicide.

First.....

He was unusually kneeling down with a tight noose around his neck which had been tied to a metal grill over the bathroom window.

Second.....

The black cord around his neck was fastened to the shower rod overhead

How in the bleep can myself and my fellow detectives on TV solve these crimes if the reporting is so bad??? Sometimes I wonder if bad reporting is by design, to sort of muddy the waters. Another bizarre care of Thailand Sudden Death Hotel Syndrome.....

I could understand the comments about the quality of the reporting if I was paying for it but since it's a free forum and the fun is in commenting on the news I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it.

Right, but these articles come from a newspaper, and the people who work at that newspaper do this for a living and therefore they should take their jobs a bit more seriously. I blame it on the proof reader, though.

The passport is odd. The USSR was disolved 1991, did they really issue Soviet passports as late as 1994? And what's the old thing expired 13 years ago doing in Pattaya? Alexandre is not how the name is written in cyrillic, translated to Latin it would be Aleksandr. Alexander is the 2nd most common given name, Ivanov the 2nd most common surname.

I am no expert so correct me if I am wrong but if you tried hanging yourself with the ability to stand up, then surely your survival instinct would kick in and you would stand?.

I don't want to start a conspiracy theory but I just think its odd.

you are right. I suspect foul play too.

Not if you were drunk as a skunk. It's a similar way that people who practice erotic asphyxiation (Michael Hutchence, David Carradine to name just two) accidentally make their exits from the land of the living. The door locked from the inside probably rules out foul play.

Maybe clutching at words but if hotel staff could not get in with a universal card then the door was for sure locked from the inside,why make the report with the word "appeared to be" if obviously its locked from inside?

So, if many case like this means "lock from the inside" is evidence of open and shut case suicide case then also the sherlock homes cops must be assume that no-one other than security gaurd could possibly climb out a balcony on the way out.

make me wonder do they ever fingerprint the whole appartment include also balcony door handle and glass? If there be no prints at all and wiped clean then would that not raise questions?

Make it very easy to stage something if only have to lock the door from inside and climb over balcony whistling.gif