Thai National, 29, Arrested For Smuggling 3.2Kg Of 'ice': Singapore

webfact

Thai national, 29, arrested for smuggling 3.2kg of 'Ice'

AsiaOne

SINGAPORE: -- A 29-year-old Thai national has been arrested at Changi Airport for attempting to smuggle in 3.2kg of 'Ice'.

On Dec 26, at around 10.30pm, officers from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) approached the female suspect for routine baggage checks.

During the scan of her haversack, the officers noticed anomalies in the images.

They conducted a search and discovered a row of hand-sewn stitches at the handle compartment of her haversack.

After cutting open the stitches, they found a package wrapped in aluminium foil hidden in the inner linings.

Full story: http://www.asiaone.c...227-392010.html

-- asiaone 2012-12-28

footer_n.gif

Wow, this is almost a carbon copy of a similar case a week ago.

I guess they've got to catch and punish the mules, but I hope they also can locate and bring to justice the people higher-up in these criminal operations.

Knowing Singapores attitude to drug trafficking, I imagine this unfortunate woman is in for a tough time sad.pngsad.pngsad.png .

wow how amateur can you get? foil is a total giveaway in a scanner. Xrays detect and image based on density differences. Anything wrapped in foil is imaged sharply, for example cigarettes and chocolate. She now faces the death penalty. And for sure the Sings will be pushing for it. Several years ago an Aussie kid was 'terminated' for half a kilo of smack. Not a blond haired blue eyed Aussie, it was kid of Vietnamese descent.

This Thai chick is in trouble, maybe the biggest trouble

• Like 1

And another one bites the dust. I just don't get it!!! They know they'll get the death penalty if caught in Singapore!!!

Maybe they don't know. The circumstances are endless but the outcome is the same, she will die.

And another one bites the dust. I just don't get it!!! They know they'll get the death penalty if caught in Singapore!!!

You'd be surprised what people don't know. This person couldn't have know much if they didn't know about foil and scanners or even that a poorly stitched up handle maybe a bit of a give away during baggage inspection.

There should be two levels of punishment for mules and the drug pushers.

Yes,.. and actually as of this year there are now two levels of punishment in Singapore for pushers (ring syndicates) and mules.

Can't recall the full details but the mandatory death sentence that used to prevail for mules does now not apply but even so there are lengthy prison terms and canings that do apply!

Singapore and Malaysia are NOT nice places to get nabbed on drug trafficking charges.