Hillary Clinton In Hospital With Blood Clot

webfact

Hillary Clinton in hospital with blood clot

NEW YORK: -- US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been admitted to a New York hospital for treatment of a blood clot stemming from a concussion suffered several weeks ago, her spokesman says.

"In the course of a follow-up exam, Secretary Clinton's doctors discovered a blood clot had formed, stemming from the concussion she sustained," said Philippe Reines, Deputy Assistant Secretary.

"She is being treated with anti-coagulants and is at New York Presbyterian Hospital so that they can monitor the medication over the next 48 hours."

Reines said doctors "will continue to assess her condition, including other issues associated with her concussion. They will determine if any further action is required".

Clinton fell ill earlier this month with a stomach bug that led to her fainting and suffering a concussion. But her office had insisted she was recovering and the top US diplomat had been expected back at her desk on Monday.

Source: http://www.smh.com.a...1231-2c267.html

-- The Sydney Morning Herald 2012-12-31

footer_n.gif

I have to say Hilary Clinton should be the one who got the peace prize.Anyone who knows anything about her ( or her past ), Knows that since her Oxford University days with Bill, she has been tireless in her efforts to keep the world together and make it a safer place. for all of us . She is an excellant statesman and brilliant thinker!! Get well soon Hilary The world needs people like you !!

• Like 1

I hope Hillary recovers, I really do. I did not like her one bit as First Lady. I can understand why Bill would cheat on her. Snaking into a Senate seat in New York where she never lived was typical. BUT...since then I think she has been one of the better statesmen/women we've had. Unlike some, she has put in the time and had years of experience in gov't and was infinitely more deserving for the nomination in 2008.

That said, "naive" is the polite word to describe people who didn't see anything suspicious in her suddenly having an illness and concussion right before she was to testify. A condition so bad she never even needed to go to the hospital? It appears now that maybe she should have gone to the hospital in the first place. That is IF the clot is even connected to the mystery concussion. As someone has already posted, she has traveled one heckuva lot and that could be the real cause. If it is related, her doctors should be out of work by tomorrow morning.

In any case, I wish her well. My brother died from a blood clot last year that had gone undetected. Hillary at least has a better chance.

Edited by koheesti

This morning on CNN news, one of the news commentators said that the blood clot was probably not related to the concussion according to some medical experts, but that the blood clot was found as a result of medical checks done because of the concussion. I wasn't paying close attention to the news, so I didn't get who they were citing or if this was just opinion.

I have to say Hilary Clinton should be the one who got the peace prize.Anyone who knows anything about her ( or her past ), Knows that since her Oxford University days with Bill, she has been tireless in her efforts to keep the world together and make it a safer place. for all of us . She is an excellant statesman and brilliant thinker!! Get well soon Hilary The world needs people like you !!

Oxford University days ?

Oxford University days ?

That was Bill, the Rhodes scholar.

I hope Hillary recovers, I really do. I did not like her one bit as First Lady. I can understand why Bill would cheat on her. Snaking into a Senate seat in New York where she never lived was typical. BUT...since then I think she has been one of the better statesmen/women we've had. Unlike some, she has put in the time and had years of experience in gov't and was infinitely more deserving for the nomination in 2008.

That said, "naive" is the polite word to describe people who didn't see anything suspicious in her suddenly having an illness and concussion right before she was to testify. A condition so bad she never even needed to go to the hospital? It appears now that maybe she should have gone to the hospital in the first place. That is IF the clot is even connected to the mystery concussion. As someone has already posted, she has traveled one heckuva lot and that could be the real cause. If it is related, her doctors should be out of work by tomorrow morning.

In any case, I wish her well. My brother died from a blood clot last year that had gone undetected. Hillary at least has a better chance.

Wow, especially like the part about knowing why Bill would cheat on her since you have spent so much time with her. Aliens, the whole lot of them bydammit, better get my gun.

I don't think she fell or had a concussion ... I think she popped a bleeder in the brain from the stress of the Bengazi fiasco... and they just thought they had it under control - now they don't ... A simple fall - a bump on the head can be forgotten in the political world and not endanger the politician's future... But a brain aneurism - no matter how small can be the end of a political career... so hide it at all cost... and it is all so very convenient relative congressional testimony... But brain aneurisms are funny ... VP Joe Biden had one - fairly serious one... didn't bother him at all - oh yeah it did I think...But old crazy Joe did manage to get elected twice to VP ... could be wrong - maybe it is a path to political success after all...

An off-topic post has been deleted.

I believe it is a clot, not an aneurysm.

clot / concussion = cover story for a more serious condition... aneurism ... regardless of what any American media source reports.(in my opinion)

An off-topic post has been deleted.

I believe it is a clot, not an aneurysm.

clot / concussion = cover story for a more serious condition... aneurism ... regardless of what any American media source reports.(in my opinion)

I am sure that one from a thousand plus mikes away can diagnosis her condition better than those actually treating her in person.

Edited by F430murci

The blood clot most certainly can be the result of a head injury.

The nonsensical allegations by some that this is a conspiracy to prevent her from testifying conveniently ignores the fact that the committee did interview her and take her statement. The secretary has indeed provided the requested information. What she was unable to participate in was the public spectacle of senators trying to make some soundbites for their respective political groups.

Those that allege some sort of extravagant coverup would do well to take a close look at those making the allegations: All of them have a track record of outlandish claims and exagerated fanciful notions intended to serve their hardcore political groups. It seems that these nutters come up with idiotic conspiracies because they are unable to offer anything useful. Last time it was Obama was a muslim sleeper agent, then we had the birthers who thankfully have moved on to something else.

If the alleged concussion caused a blood clot near her brain, why are they treating it with anti-coagulants (blood thinner)?

Both CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta and this article are questioning that?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NBC reporter raises Hillary Clinton questions

By KEVIN ROBILLARD | 12/31/12 10:10 AM EST

The top science reporter for NBC News raised questions Monday about Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s hospitalization, raising the possibility the blood clot causing isn’t linked to an earlier concussion.

“It’s not exactly clear what is happening with Secretary Clinton’s health,” NBC News chief science and health correspondent Robert Bazell said.

“All we have is a statement from her office. The hospital isn’t saying anything and the statement from her [office] says that she had this blood clot that stemmed from the concussion and she’s being treated with blood-thinning drugs,” Bazell continued. “The problem is that usually when blood clots come from concussions, they can’t be treated with blood [thinners.] So either it’s not really related to the concussion and she’s got a blood clot in her leg or something, or there’s something else going on that we’re not being told. And right now, we’re just sort of seeking that clarification and hoping for the best as she’s being observed.”

Clinton was admitted to New York-Presbyterian Hospital on Sunday night after a follow-up examination detected a blood clot caused by a concussion she suffered earlier this month. Before the fall that caused the concussion, Clinton had been battling a stomach virus.

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz2Gh3EAGhA

Dr. Gupta has not seen Mrs. Clinton's medical records nor tests. Although anti coagulants are not the usual treatment for concussion related blood clots, they are indeed used for the type of injury sustained by Mrs. Clinton. The state department released a very clear statement;

the Secretary experienced a blood clot “between the brain and the skull behind the right ear.”

Physicians that deal with such injuries see nothing unusual with the treatment;

If the clot occurs in the space between the brain and the skull, says Dr. David Hovda, director of the University of California Los Angeles Brain Injury Research Center, the concern would be ensuring that any clogged vessels are unobstructed so blood that has circulated through the brain and is on its way back to the heart is flowing freely. In older patients, this space is slightly more expansive than that among younger people, since the brain tends to shrink gradually with age.

Schwamm, who has not treated Clinton but has treated patients with concussions and clots, says there are two other, relatively rare scenarios in which the concussion itself might lead to a need for blood thinners. Clinton apparently hit her head after a fall while dehydrated from a stomach virus, and if her head were twisted on impact, small tears, or dissections, might have shredded the arteries that feed blood to the brain, leading to clots. Blockages in these arteries can prevent the brain from receiving the oxygen-rich blood it needs, leading to a stroke, so doctors often use blood thinning drugs to prevent clots from growing. The other possibility, Schwamm says, is that the clot formed in the veins that drain blood from the brain, so the danger of having that flow interrupted and backing up in the brain would also require treatment with anticoagulants.

And this;

In such cases, says , doctors turn to blood thinning medications to ensure that blood flow out of the brain is not interrupted; such obstruction can cause permanent swelling and damage to brain tissue.- Dr. Goeff Manley, professor of neurological surgery at University of California San Francisco

Seriously, can't you give your obsession with a coverup conspiracy a rest?

I hope Hillary recovers, I really do. I did not like her one bit as First Lady. I can understand why Bill would cheat on her.

Lip service, without any real substance. Who must confirm this so sweepingly, fights against his former statements . Obviously you don't like her at all, you hate all Non-Reps and therefore Bill Clinton, too. Suddenly you are so sorry for him (not for her?) Perverse and contradictory.

Snaking into a Senate seat in New York where she never lived was typical. BUT...since then I think she has been one of the better statesmen/women we've had. Unlike some, she has put in the time and had years of experience in gov't and was infinitely more deserving for the nomination in 2008.

That said, "naive" is the polite word to describe people who didn't see anything suspicious in her suddenly having an illness and concussion right before she was to testify. A condition so bad she never even needed to go to the hospital? It appears now that maybe she should have gone to the hospital in the first place.That is IF the clot is even connected to the mystery concussion. As someone has already posted, she has traveled one heckuva lot and that could be the real cause. If it is related, her doctors should be out of work by tomorrow morning.

Your assumed "medical knowledge" is really fantastic. Maybe you and other Reps have been beside the doctor in the clinic? Next time I'll ask you and not TV-Sheryl if I have a health problem cool.png.

Why is there a discussion of the cloth's origin? A cloth is a cloth, a real serious health problem. And it was up to her when contacting a doctor/hospital not feeling healthy. To construct such an ugly conspiracy story is inhuman, a typical US Rep-style.

Again, lip service.

It's hard to understand such a biased story drenched in hate. Conflicting sentences in only 3 short paragraphs. Although I'm not an US citizen I would be ashemed to write such a suspicion with the only intention to denigrate somebody.

Like many people in the world I wish her to recover soon and to be the next US president.

Tbh I have thought she has looked ill for quite a long time, I'm no great fan of hers however it's safe to say that her performance improved dramatically once she started to stand on her own two feet.

With her husbands variable health record it may be better for her to retire and become and Elder "Statesman", between her and Bill they really could make a difference without the daily grind of political office.