Change Of Ownership Of A Bike Registered In Rayong

billd766

I want to buy a bike which is for sale in Pattaya and I live in Khampaeng Phet.

The bike is actually registered in Rayong.

Can I get the registration done in Ban Lamung or does it have to be done in Rayong then re-registered in Khampaeng Phet?

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

i bought my last bike in rayong from a thai man

get him to sign the transfer papers and greenbook and a copy of his id card and take that to your local office

will be easy

you can change the plate also to reflect your current province for 100 thb or leave it on a rayong plates if you dont care

get him to sign the transfer papers and greenbook and a copy of his id card and take that to your local office

will be easy

you can change the plate also to reflect your current province for 100 thb or leave it on a rayong plates if you dont care

Thank you for your quick response.

One small problem is that I will be buying it through a Thai bike shop and another is that I am 500 km from Pattaya.

will be easy

One small problem is that I will be buying it through a Thai bike shop and another is that I am 500 km from Pattaya.

Make sure book is signed,signed copy of sellersID and tambien baan. Also sinatures on bill of sale and power of attorney. Then take all tp KP DOT.

If you have a local friendly bike shop you are going to get to service the bike, have chat to them, they all have a registration person who will be able to help you, easy peasy, they are doing it all day long.

We use a local shop to fix my Phantom and my stepson wanted a S/H scooter, we got the mechanic to check out the bike for us. the reg details, etc. and the woman (his wife) did the bizz on the bike documents. We took them out for a meal and everything was sweet.

will be easy

Make sure book is signed,signed copy of sellersID and tambien baan. Also sinatures on bill of sale and power of attorney. Then take all tp KP DOT.

Ok I will try that in the New Year. Thanks.

If you have a local friendly bike shop you are going to get to service the bike, have chat to them, they all have a registration person who will be able to help you, easy peasy, they are doing it all day long.

We use a local shop to fix my Phantom and my stepson wanted a S/H scooter, we got the mechanic to check out the bike for us. the reg details, etc. and the woman (his wife) did the bizz on the bike documents. We took them out for a meal and everything was sweet.

Thank you for the advice.

I bought my Phantom in Nakon Si Thammarat and the other owner was there with me. The DLT were very helpful and I was "temporarily living with the bikes owner" and the DLT at NST were very helpful and registered me as the owner in NST. Changing over in KPP was easy too.

Not quite so easy for me up here as I live in a small village. The nearest "bigger" bike shop is in Khampaeng Phet 65 km away though I have never used it. My alternatives are 125 km away in Nakhon Sawan or 180 km away in Phitsanulok both unfortunately in other provinces.