Multi-sim Adapters

tjo o tjim

I'm in Phuket and looking for a multi-SIM adapter so I can switch between carriers easily. I am tired of shutting off the phone, pulling out the battery, and swapping SIMs-- I know I am going to loose one of them!

There are generally three different kinds:

-Cut your SIM-Cards down so that two fit into the space of a single one, and install them in a special holder that fits in your normal SIM slot;

-Adapter that puts multiple SIM cards on top of your battery with a cable to the normal SIM slot; and

-A new (special) SIM card that you copy your old SIMs to and can switch between freely.

The first two are pretty ugly kludges and don't really meet well with my engineering sensibilities. The third option is pretty slick because you can put several SIMs on one card and switch between them with special software. (They also let you combine all your phone books so they are accessible by all the different virtual SIMs.

These things go for US$42 on the internet, but is there any place that I might be able to find them in Phuket? I know it is a pretty common problem, between loyalties, promotions, and coverage.

Thanks in advance!