C C A (Copper Chrome Arsenic) Treatment Of Timber ...

CCA (Copper Chrome Arsenic) treatment of timber ...

Apologies if this has been asked before (did a search with no results).

Does anyone in Thailand do the CCA treatment of timber to stop the termites?

Yep ... know there are questions in the West about the CCa process ... don't care.

Just interested in termite proofing timber ... CCA style ... or what ever else you have in mind.

I'm in the Bangkok area ... south of Swampy Airport.

Thanks in Advance ...

• 3 weeks later...

Let's try this in the Real Estate forum, I can't believe nobody has experience of this treatment method.

The only termite control I have done (in the states and here) is to inject/spray the ground to prevent them from getting to the wood. That does work.

Thanks for the reply ... but unfortunately that wouldn't work in my situation.

Firstly I have to enclose an existing open roof (no ceiling) and single walls.

The termites are already in the studs and nogging and controlled by drilling and spraying.

... and it's really weird to actually hearing them chewing away just near your pillow as you are trying to get to sleep!

So part of the requirement is for a refurb ... and then maybe later ... when I build a house.

Khun David-48,

In every Global or Home Pro they have cans, 1 - 4L in size of a clear liquid that is used by locals, it is painted on the wood and dries in about an hour. It seems effective in the short term anyway.

The active ingredient is banned in the EU & Australia. It apparently is low to break down and is linked to birth defects in kids. I forget it's name. All the cans in Home Pro seem to have the same active ingredient.