Getting Out Of Dodge

vagabond48

I spent a month away in Cha Am on three occasions during CM Sog season, for I am sensitive to the Clagg.

Last year I was away in Issan, no problems with Polution.

I checked out this place two years ago

http://www.bangsapha...rise-resort.php

actually drove down from Cha Am and liked what I saw.

For a month stay a rom B500/night.

john

Is this resort near walking distance to other restaurants? Can we eat plenty of reasonably priced sea food? We wont have our own transportation.

Perhaps I should have said Cha-am is nice as long as you're adapted to living around Thais.

And visit mid week and give holiday periods a miss. We visit there often for a few days each time. I find it pleasant and relaxing. But once I made the mistake of visiting a holiday weekend. Nightmare, just one long traffic jam down the long beach road, and a huge vehicle car park.

Some good advice from ODS & Elektrified. Cha-am is really very nice during the week, but avoid weekends and public holidays.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice pictures there ! thumbsup.gif I too would recommend Ao Manao, we spent (4-5 years ago) a week at the military-hotel/resort (with pool) there which had good rooms, although the food-service was geared mainly to groups, so we ate elsewhere locally. The seafood is generally quite good.

The small museum on the airbase, honouring the Thais who died resisting the Japanese WW2 seaborne-invasion, was also worth seeing.

And the railway-line to Malaysia/Singapore runs all the way down this coast, usually within a mile-or-two of the beach.

Can I drive my car through the base to get to the hotel?

Is it it thru that not speaking Thai may be problem staying there?

We recently spend ten days in Cha am and loved it, if you enjoy walking you can walk for miles down the beach and hardly see another sole. The food was great and well-priced. The weekends do get a little crowded, but it didn't bother us, nice to see people enjoying themselves. To get around everywhere hires these bicycles where 4 of you can peddle together, so that will help with your transport issues! Have a great holiday and lets us know where you go and how you found it.