Export Airconditioning Units From Thailand

mikej210

In the US, companies have to buy a distributorship from the manufacturer. Then they contract with retailers. The biggest retailers contract directly with the manufacturer themselves. That would be like Home Depot or Lowes.

The smaller dealers such as local HVAC installation and service companies buy from a distributor who has locked up a territory. The distributor has a warehouse in a larger city and orders go out from there. The local dealer is called a stocking dealer and has some machines and parts in his own warehouse.

It takes quite a bit of capital to do this, and it needs to be done from the Western country. Also, you have to find a territory that isn't already assigned to someone.

I have a good friend locally who sells and services Trane. Our Trane units are made in the US and are considered among the best. He buys from a distributor who is about 300 miles away in a big city. He stocks enough to service himself, but can get something within 2 days if he has to.

He has about 20 employees and the service guys are licensed electricians and are well paid. Too often some small thing needs to be done which requires and electricians license.

I don't know about other countries, but in the US the units would have to meet US energy efficiency standards. This is often only part of the difference between a Trane which is made in Asia, and one made in the US or another Western country. The other part can be quality. A brand could quickly go broke selling crap in a Western country.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies i live in Thailand and it is difficult to even locate a Refrigeration or Airconditioning wholesaler as i also plan to export a Thai brand if i can find one of decent quality along with the brands i know are maufactured here by Japanese companies

Thanks for the replies i live in Thailand and it is difficult to even locate a Refrigeration or Airconditioning wholesaler as i also plan to export a Thai brand if i can find one of decent quality along with the brands i know are maufactured here by Japanese companies

I think you are looking at the wrong place. If you want to export any brand (Thai or Japanese) you always have to talk to the sales department in their head office, not to the factory.