Thailand 10Th Best Place In The World For North Americans To Retire

theblether

InternationalLiving.com has announced it's finding's at to the best places to retire. Apparently Ecuador is the best place for Canadians to retire to? Who would have thought? and Malaysia ranks higher than Thailand too.....here's the general story.....

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ecuador-ranked-top-nation-u-canadian-retirees-043739978.html

Here's a wee blurb about the top countries......

http://internationalliving.com/2012/12/the-worlds-top-retirement-havens-in-2013/

And here's the chart and the gubbins as to how they worked it out.

http://internationalliving.com/2012/12/the-scores-and-how-our-2013-retirement-index-works/

12 of the top 22 are in South America, 3 in Asia, 6 in Europe and New Zealand finishes off the list. I can see why Malaysia would rank higher than Thailand as it seems to have a far better retirement visa set up, however it's not exactly party city central saai.gif but I suppose when your at an age when one pint of beer equals 4 bathroom trips that's not so bad.

Just sayin'

Part of me was hoping #1 for them was going to be the USA whistling.gif

I don't think that I ever gave some of these places a first thought, let alone a second one: Latin America never figured at all. There are some stunningly beautiful parts of Eastern Europe I would have considered (to an extent, I still am)

.... "an age when one pint of beer equals 4 bathroom trips"..... That sounds just like a mate of mine.....more than one beer and he's prostate on the floor... cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Part of me was hoping #1 for them was going to be the USA whistling.gif

I don't think that I ever gave some of these places a first thought, let alone a second one: Latin America never figured at all. There are some stunningly beautiful parts of Eastern Europe I would have considered (to an extent, I still am)

.... "an age when one pint of beer equals 4 bathroom trips"..... That sounds just like a mate of mine.....more than one beer and he's prostate on the floor... cheesy.gif

I thought the South American domination was worthy of a mention.......Ecuador would never have crossed my radar.

Anyway we're not allowed to discuss it cos JT has laid down the law and I'm scared of him. coffee1.gif

As indicated, a significant part of the discussion on the current thread is about Ecuador. Ecuador has been HUGE in the last few years on North American potential retired expat's radar largely because it keeps winning the International Living surveys.

I was just suggesting that there is really no need for duplicate threads where we have also been discussing surveys of best retirement destinations. Wouldn't it make more sense to just add any new comments to the existing thread on the same topic?

I don't lay down any law; no need to try to make it personal, OK?

Edited by Jingthing