Phuket Police Scared Of Russians?

moskito

It is 06:00 in the morning and I am up since 2h now.

There is terrible loud Karaoke music from the house opposite of ours since hours.

Russian people singing there....if one can call this singing...its more like buffalos howling in a winterstorm

The music starts around 3 o clock in the morning....my wife woke up first, she work 14h everyday, cooking in our Restaurant

She NEVER would have called the police for something i thought until today, but after she went for the Russian house and tried

to get some attention, she did.

Nobody there was reacting on the door bell or on her callings.

Police came 20-30min later, then it was quiet...for around 10min. After the police left it started again and it is very very noisy, trust me.

I have heard a lot of horror stories about drunken and not so drunken Russians here in Thailand but until today never had any problem with them.

I have some Russian customers in the Restaurant, they are a little bit different but all are friendly.

I dont know what it is but I know that there are some Restaurants in Kata refuse to let them in anymore. Today somebody told me that on

Patong Beach in some parts Russians are not welcome anymore.

So what is it with these people and what we can do about it. I am living in a very quiet area in Nai Harn, I have guests down there in the Bungalow

wich choose the area because it is quiet here....or it was...until now

coool, Police come back and in the moment its quiet....ok, its 07:00 already, if they wait just another hour they can start their Kakaoke again without any problems I guess?

hmmmm, may be I should cut some tiles today or wood with an electric saw....But then i go to the same level as they are....dam_n, I really hate this selfish world

Lodge a formal complaint with a local police department, stating exact address of the offenders. Many times police is saying they cannot do anything because they do not have the complaint on paper. If they are renting, try to find and speak with the owner.

Sent from my Desire HD using Thaivisa Connect App

Police was here, first time around 4 o clock and then again around 06:00 they looked very tired and they hated it too....not the first time trouble like this for them i heard.... Unfortunately all my other neighbors who complained before too, were not to see anymore when the police arrived...like rats on a sinking ship.... rolleyes.gif

Our area is very quiet here, its still dschungle around here everywhere and you can hear birds coughing...so its really kind of rude to act like this....and I do not blame it to the people because they are Russians...I heard similar storys from Frensh and Australian people too

seems that all the Russians are moving here and all the rich and famous French are moving to Russia. Does that mean we should all move to France now? I do like cheese and wine.

NOT for all the money in the world.....clap2.gif

• Like 2

seems that all the Russians are moving here and all the rich and famous French are moving to Russia. Does that mean we should all move to France now? I do like cheese and wine.

From all the countries in Europe I enjoyed France the least... Agree on cheese, wine and will add croissants :) Did not like the restaurants though and the taxes are awful there

• Like 1

Was this a one-time party? Maybe it was somebody's birthday. And yes, back in Germany I remember being at a party where the police came at 4am because the neighbours had complained and we restarted half an hour after they had left...

I would start worrying if these became daily (nightly) parties.

• Like 2

Russian New Year festivities tend to go on for several days, and be warned that their Orthodox Christmas Day is on Monday 7th January.

Ortodox X-mas is very quiet and usually not celebrated by youngsters.

I'm sure you have to apply to visit police and make written claim to avoid such situation in future.

• Like 1

From all the countries in Europe I enjoyed France the least... Agree on cheese, wine and will add croissants smile.png Did not like the restaurants though and the taxes are awful there

Totally agree with you, I lived there for some years, and by the end HATED it... Hated the Food.

Was this a one-time party? Maybe it was somebody's birthday. And yes, back in Germany I remember being at a party where the police came at 4am because the neighbours had complained and we restarted half an hour after they had left...

I have no idea in which part of Germany you have been. In Berlin if the police has to come for a second time, because ppl starting over again, after Police warned them they just took the speakers - thats it

And birthdayparties usually not start with karaoke in the morning at 3am

I have no idea in which part of Germany you have been. In Berlin if the police has to come for a second time, because ppl starting over again, after Police warned them they just took the speakers - thats it

The main question though remains, was this a 1 night thing, or does this happen regularly?

• Like 1

The main question though remains, was this a 1 night thing, or does this happen regularly?

Exactly.

Sent from my LG-P698f using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

From all the countries in Europe I enjoyed France the least... Agree on cheese, wine and will add croissants smile.png Did not like the restaurants though and the taxes are awful there

Totally agree with you, I lived there for some years, and by the end HATED it... Hated the Food.

lots of frogs and birds? :)

According to the other news source not to be named in this forum due to rule 31, there is a team from Bangkok here investigating businesses with expat shareholders. And may be targeting Russian businesses as they have the second most work permits next to the Brits. The Russian numbers have been rising rapidly, with most of the work permits being held by managers in the tourist industry.

• Like 1

Sounds like the same crowd of Russians that moved into my apartment complex in Rawai nine days ago.

On the first night they almost drove a hired vehicle into the swimming pool. Music blaring day and night. Not one ounce of consideration for anyone but themselves.

After all negotiation continued to fall on deaf ears. I have moved to alternative accommodation until someone decides to empty out the trash.

To make things worse. One of my neighbours has told me that it now appears that the people I am talking about, may have been linked to the savage assault at Surin a couple of days ago.

Yes there is good and bad amongst all nationalities. But it certainly appears that there are certain types of individual/s coming out of Russia that are not afraid to let their hair down at the expense of everyone else.

Had the same thing so I asked our friendly Russian neighbours when they will turn it down so we could all sleep. ( three days of partying ,although to be fair quieter mostly at night) There response was I thought awesome.

Sorry my friend he just divorced after 15 years with a bitch, we party to celebrate finish tomorow. Here drink Vodka very good from my hometown, then you sleep no problem.

He was right, since then top lads look after our place when we are not there.On the plus side there wardrobe for a night out never ceases to amaze us.

We would take these Russian guys as neighbours over many others anyday.