Red-Shirt Chairwoman Thida To Seek Clarification From Judges On Thai Charter

webfact

REDS

Thida to seek clarification from judges on charter

The Nation

30197332-01_big.jpg

File photo: Thida

BANGKOK: -- Red-shirt chairwoman Thida Thawornseth said she was preparing to send an open letter to the Constitution Court judges seeking clarification on its advice that a national referendum should be conducted before a charter rewrite.

"I will ask how it would be illegal if [the House] moved on to vote on the third reading first, and which article of the charter or the law the Constitution Court judges had based their advice on that a national referendum should be conducted first. This is to clear the doubts of MPs and senators," she said.

Thida said that besides pushing the issue of charter amendment, which is one of the civil strategies, the red shirts would push for the amnesty law for people of all "colours" charged in political cases except the leaders, so that they can help the 30 red-shirt detainees still in jail.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-01-05

I think Thida's is right because it fair for people to vote before changing the raw and people will know about the raw.

< Normal default font, size, color restored to above post >

I thought Thida's idea was to NOT have people vote before changing the law and to pursue the third reading.

I also thought she was against a general amnesty earlier as it would result in the army also receiving amnesty.

The old battle axe is more than a bit fickle.

• Like 1

the red shirts would push for the amnesty law for people of all "colours" charged in political cases except the leaders

Does this mean then that amnesty would not then apply to their dear leader currently hiding abroad?

And the more I hear from her and other "red shirts", the more and more it seems like down to the bone "communism" to me. One rule for the elite, one for the rest, all under the guise of 'being fair to all" (whilst making sure that "I" have more).

• Like 1

"I will ask how it would be illegal if [the House] moved on to vote on the third reading first, and which article of the charter or the law the Constitution Court judges had based their advice on that a national referendum should be conducted first. This is to clear the doubts of MPs and senators," she said.

Does this mean Ms. Thida and her organisation recognise the CC finally, if only implicitly ?

BTW 2012-07-13

"

At 14:14 the Court began delivering the following verdict:

1. It is within the Constitutional Court’s jurisdiction to accept the petitions.
  2. Setting up an assembly to rewrite the entire constitution cannot be done. A national referendum should be held to determine whether a new constitution should be written or not. If seeking to amend the constitution, it is suggested that amendments be done section by section.
  3. The proposed amendment to section 291 does not intend to topple the constitutional monarchy."

PS external link is to 24 min. clip of CC reading verdict, Thai of coursewai.gif

The appointed leader of a "pro democracy" group is against getting a mandate from the people before pushng through one of its "civil strategies". "We don't care what the people say, this is what they want!"

Of course, Auntie Thida knows best. Just like Uncle Joe and Adolf used to.

Well I hope the Constitution Court returns here letter and scrawls across the front..."it's got &lt;deleted&gt; all to do with you'!

Would it be proper for the CC scrawl across the front "screw your mother"? It seemed to be proper for thaksin to say this and be publicized nation wide.
  • Like 1