I Charged A Battery......

Semper

How long was it kept like that for?

Most chargers would have a safety device built into them, which would stop charging if there was a fault with the battery or if the polarity was reversed.

The charger has adjustable output (perfect for a mc battery) so I used the lowest level, just below 1A and went inside for about 5 minutes. Went out to check and found the Amp meter showing max output, cleaned my specs and noted the misstake. Reconnected the cables, but had to adjust the output level to 75% (should mean 3-4A) before it started to charge with 1A.

Charged for a few hours and disconnected the battery, checked the voltage and it was ok (12.6).

5 minutes isn't a long time. Does the charger have a thermal overload switch round back? Probably popped, but may have a auto reset. Just give your battery charger a hug and promise not to do it again. wink.png

5 minutes isn't a long time. Does the charger have a thermal overload switch round back? Probably popped, but may have a auto reset. Just give your battery charger a hug and promise not to do it again. wink.png

It has a fuse, but it didn't blow.