Phoning Uk To Thailand

GU22

Fed up of paying exorbitant international rates or having to remember to buy phone cards?

Then try 18185.

Thai landlines and mobiles just 1p per minute from a BT line, 2p per minute from other providers. Plus a 4p connection charge.

Plus an itemised monthly bill, very useful for visa applications.

We use Best Minutes who charge 1p a minute from UK land line to LOS landL or mobile....... and NO Connection charges or naughty extras....watch the satangs and the ...etc... :D

ps Barclays Bstd Bank just declared their inter profs this morning of £5.1 b and all from ripping off overseas credit card users.......dont they just Luv em..... :o

Barclays Bstd Bank just declared their inter profs this morning of £5.1 b and all from ripping off overseas credit card users.......dont they just Luv em..... :o
...and next month HSBC will publish 2005 profits of GBP 11.5 billion, that’s GBP 1.3 million per hour.

By comparison, the compensation of GBP 2.4 million paid to the HSBC chairman last year seems rather modest, doesn’t it?

--------------

Maestro

I've looked at the 18185 website and it looks interesting. Yes, there's a 4p connection charge but my UK to UK calls would otherwise be free. In that case, the connection charges would amount to very little compared with the savings. At present, we pay only 1p to LOS with no connection charge, using numbers from niftylist, but what I pay to BT for local calls easily feeds it's CEO's children!

However, I hesitate to sign up. How do they give away local calls for only 4p without a time limit on each call? Is there a catch that I've not spotted despite reading their terms of business? Is it another organisation offering something cheap for a while in order to pass on my personal data to other businesses?

Does anyone have experience of 18185, please?

Barclays Bstd Bank just declared their inter profs this morning of £5.1 b and all from ripping off overseas credit card users.......dont they just Luv em..... :o
...and next month HSBC will publish 2005 profits of GBP 11.5 billion, that’s GBP 1.3 million per hour.

By comparison, the compensation of GBP 2.4 million paid to the HSBC chairman last year seems rather modest, doesn’t it?

--------------

Maestro

Mentioned on another thread that total profs of British Bsts Banks this year will hit around £50 billion and all from the rip off charges (and other things) like withdrawing £200 in Patti and being charged to take out yer own dosh.(bank mafia)

Old mate of mine in Bangers a few years ago was on his uppers (teaching jobs ran out)and while he was staying in K.S Rd in a room (cost 50 Bt a night..honest)was sent a B.C by his dear old mum.

He withdrew £10 (bt 400) and was charged by the wonderfull B.B. £15 for the facility.....think that was the first time I realised what a RIP OFF these (legalised) gangsters really are....

Conclusions....The worlds real whoremongers and charlatans dont work in Patti beer bars :D

I use dialwise, it's 2p per minute from a UK landline to Thai landline or Thai mobile. If you call from a UK mobile the price goes up considerably, no problem though just call from your landline, easy.

The number shows up on our bill as Thailand and then the number, which is, for anyone interested

08444 624 545.

Or if you use VoIP http://www.Internetcalls.com is currently free UK to Thai landline.

Free VOIP to O/S Thai landlines...gotta try this one tonight...thanks. :D

This is a GOOD one......

Just called a UK landline and FREE...

also

...........Bangkok Landline.......FREE....

UK landline to Thai Mobiles still cheaper at 1 p a minute with Best Minutes.... :o

Just found out - www.internetcalls.com is free for the first 1 minute of calls only, unless you deposit some funds. And those funds disapear after 120 days and you have to put more in.

Suspect it requires about Euro10 per 120 days so if you do call these countries it could be worthwhile.

But there again the 'free' countries list can change on a daily basis.

Just found out - www.internetcalls.com is free for the first 1 minute of calls only, unless you deposit some funds. And those funds disapear after 120 days and you have to put more in.

Suspect it requires about Euro10 per 120 days so if you do call these countries it could be worthwhile.

Believe they have a list (at work at the mo)of 48 Countries that you can call from UK Computer to LANDLINEs for FREE including Thailand,Singapore,Taiwan,Russia,UK...but not the Phillippines...

Calls to the US & Canada are also FREE to Mobiles....nice little word..."free" :o

• 2 months later...
Just found out - www.internetcalls.com is free for the first 1 minute of calls only...

I see that calls to landlines in Thailand now cost EUR 0.01 per minute; still cheap.

Briley, how can I see a list of the cost per call, and my balance? I started off with EUR 10 (which was necessary to get a free phone number for incoming calls)

--------------

Maestro

how can I see a list of the cost per call, and my balance?
Briley, I have it now: click on Start, then on “Click here to go to your account page”.

I have 91 days left to use up EUR 9.43, an average of 10 minutes per day.

--------------

Maestro

Hi we go Thailand every year in November for 4 weeks,got a brother living out there,and I use 084444396464 then mobile number from UK Landline 3p a minute,dont mind sharing this with you all.by the way great site........

Hi we go Thailand every year in November for 4 weeks,got a brother living out there,and I use 084444396464 then mobile number from UK Landline 3p a minute,dont mind sharing this with you all.by the way great site........

at least some things change for the better, i can remember about 8-10 years ago paying over

one pound a minute to ring thailand on a BT phone line

Hiya Cazchic, many thanks for the info.

Do you use the full mobile no. ( 01 000 0000 ) or do you knock the first 0 off as is usually the case in other circumstances.

Also can this be done from any landline in the u.k. from any company.

Thanks again and please forgive the additional questions.

Can i also say thank you to all the useful advice from the different posters and GU22 for starting the thread on this useful subject for U.K. users.

marshbags :o:D:D

Hiya Cazchic, many thanks for the info.

Do you use the full mobile no. ( 01 000 0000 ) or do you knock the first 0 off as is usually the case in other circumstances.

Also can this be done from any landline in the u.k. from any company.

Thanks again and please forgive the additional questions.

Can i also say thank you to all the useful advice from the different posters and GU22 for starting the thread on this useful subject for U.K. users.

Hi You dial the 08444 number then put in the Thai Mobile number with the Thai code 0066 then miss the 0...and you can use from any landline. cause I use NTL and it works.

marshbags :o:D:D

Hi You dial the 08444 number then put in the Thai Mobile number with the Thai code 0066 then miss the 0...and you can use from any landline. cause I use NTL and it works.

................................................................................

Thanks Cazchic for your advice which is going to prove very useful to lot,s of members along with

myself. :o

marshbags :D:D:D

Sorry for the delayed reply by the way.

As an extention of this thread with apologies.

Does anyone know the pre fix code to call from a landline to mobile in Thailand to get the local rate charge from anywhere.

The pre fix for landline to landline is 1234 just in case anyone isn,t already aware of it.

I had the other one but forgot it.

It would be useful at the airport in particular from a payphone, just in case the landline cannot be reached.

I,ve scrolled the forum and used the search facility but i am unable to find any info on this.

A speedy reply would be much appreciated. :o

marshbags :D:D:D