Brit Knife Terror On Thailand Death Isle

Brit knife terror on Thailand death isle

EXCLUSIVE By NICK PARKER

A BRIT has told how he almost died in a stabbing at the same spot where Thai tripper Stephen Ashton was shot dead.

Backpacker Nathan Sharpe, 23, was speared by a six-inch blade which tore through his stomach, liver, pancreas and kidneys before grazing his spine.

The unprovoked attack took place yards from the bar on Koh Phangan where broker Stephen, 22, was gunned down on New Year’s Day.

Council worker Nathan of Leeds, West Yorks, said: “My advice to anyone planning a trip to Koh Phangan is simple — don’t go if you value your life. Poor Stephen wasn’t as lucky as me.”

Full story: http://www.thesun.co...-shot-dead.html

-- THe SUN 2013-01-07

footer_n.gif

• Like 1

The knife must have been an interesting shape to have managed to hit his stomach, liver, pancreas and kidneys, the fact that it reached his spine means it was extremely long also. This bloke deserves to be in the Guiness Book of Records I reckon, still alive! But it was in the Sun so I suppose it must all be true.

• Like 2

The knife must have been an interesting shape to have managed to hit his stomach, liver, pancreas and kidneys, the fact that it reached his spine means it was extremely long also. This bloke deserves to be in the Guiness Book of Records I reckon, still alive! But it was in the Sun so I suppose it must all be true.

If its true that he was stabbed then thats really all that matters. Regardless, who reads the Sun for an unbiased sensible take on any subject matter? Its no more than a tabloid comic.

It would be great if the follow up to these incidents could be found out,, as in what sentcance, do they serve the sentance etc. the cop who mudered the Brit man and wife a few years ago in Kanchanaburi is supposedly out free and the family still cannot get confirmation he is still behind bars despite 2 x 30 year sentances. As the guy in this report states he never found out what happened to the guy who stabbed him. I know its cynical but I have little faith in the justice system when it involves tourist and expats alike.

Edited by marstons
  • Like 2

I do believe the bit about being most interested in the hospital bill being paid though!!biggrin.png

Why are the police interested in the hospital bill?

Good day sir, I am guessing you did not read Thailands promise to increase average tourism days stayed and average daily spent. It's just the "death isles'" way of helping out.

• Like 1

I do believe the bit about being most interested in the hospital bill being paid though!!biggrin.png

I was in the police station as the same time as this guy , and was helping him out with the stubborn tourist police ..

Basically bkk samui hospital had overcharged by 500,000 thb or similar and the insurance company would not pay up the full amount as they thought was a scam and they where holding his passport

Also to note which is not in the report , it WAS NOT a Thai that knifed him ... As he clearly gave out the description off the offender but the police where not to bother to arrest the guy

• Like 2

Good day sir, I am guessing you did not read Thailands promise to increase average tourism days stayed and average daily spent. It's just the "death isles'" way of helping out.

cheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

We definitely need a 'tongue in cheek' smiley

• Like 1

Basically bkk samui hospital had overcharged by 500,000 thb or similar and the insurance company would not pay up the full amount as they thought was a scam and they where holding his passport

I can imagine a day where BKK/anywhere is going to end up being blacklisted by most everyone on the planet, unless they get their act together.

In Koh Panghan, drugs, booth, guns and knives come in operational family packages for juvenile adventurers blinded by too much crime TV consumption. Go to Mexico and you'll see what happens where you get them wholesale. Business opportunities galore for similarly educated adults. To be continued ...

If its true that he was stabbed then thats really all that matters. Regardless, who reads the Sun for an unbiased sensible take on any subject matter? Its no more than a tabloid comic.

"It's no more than a tabloid comic."

A bit harsh. It's more of a niche publication.

Except the perforation lines are not that obvious thus the average person is forced to read a small part of it before putting it to its intended use flushing it away!

I can imagine a day where BKK/anywhere is going to end up being blacklisted by most everyone on the planet, unless they get their act together.

It heading in that direction already and totally justifiably imo. Already one of the biggest global insurers will only pay upto 75% of a BKK/Samui hospital bill. Incredible Thailand!!!

One thing theres inflated bills do guarrantee is there will always be those with a strong interest in the bill being paid.

They are usually the most popular number to call for an ambulance to a accident....go figure

Apologies, off topic

It heading in that direction already and totally justifiably imo. Already one of the biggest global insurers will only pay upto 75% of a BKK/Samui hospital bill. Incredible Thailand!!!

One thing theres inflated bills do guarrantee is there will always be those with a strong interest in the bill being paid.

They are usually the most popular number to call for an ambulance to a accident....go figure

Apologies, off topic

Still true though carmine. And who are they owned by? sad.png

Well maybe they were afraid that he could not afford to pay it, and wanted to help. rolleyes.gif

Shameful Apologist.

How so?

my bad. I meant to target that idiot earlier who questioned whether or not the attack was unprovoked.

• 3 weeks later...

Not until a destination becomes equally appealing to the great number of mongers that come here.

thailand there are many ways to clear an inccodent. i some cases involving a fight,. If the victim accepts money. Such as 500 k for a hospital bill then the victim has the choice to accept money ( compensation ) or fight the other person through the legal system. If is a different culture here so because it seems strange to us from the West it is compltly normal here to try to clear in this way

But from exerience i courts and legal action can be very slow,costly and no guarneteed outcome. If you can accept money plus a report that if this inccodent hapens again then the person shall be charged with 2 accounts of what ever he or she has done then it would be easier to take the money and go seperate ways.

then the decission is yours. I have topld my family if ever i get murdered out here to get as much money as possible out of the killer as having someone behinde bars ain;t going to bring me back buyt money can support my family that are living.

thailand there are many ways to clear an inccodent. i some cases involving a fight,. If the victim accepts money. Such as 500 k for a hospital bill then the victim has the choice to accept money ( compensation ) or fight the other person through the legal system. If is a different culture here so because it seems strange to us from the West it is compltly normal here to try to clear in this way

But from exerience i courts and legal action can be very slow,costly and no guarneteed outcome. If you can accept money plus a report that if this inccodent hapens again then the person shall be charged with 2 accounts of what ever he or she has done then it would be easier to take the money and go seperate ways.

then the decission is yours. I have topld my family if ever i get murdered out here to get as much money as possible out of the killer as having someone behinde bars ain;t going to bring me back buyt money can support my family that are living.

Sober when you wrote this? smile.png

Sober when you wrote this? smile.png

That's quite normal for BigC...you can even start understand them after a few months on here thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

cheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

We definitely need a 'tongue in cheek' smiley

whistling.gifwhistling.gif same, same, but different . . .