Political Instability Main Worry For Thai Tourism Industry

webfact

No mention of the world's economy circling the drain (with the exception of a very few places)?

Ummm, the article clearly says 24% of respondents thought this was the most serious challenge, just behind those that thought the political situation was #1.

What don't you understand?

Don't worry!

No matter what happens, 2013 will be a new record year for tourism in Thailand, with about 27 million visitors...or even more!

Wanna bet?

Not sure about the total but would make perfect sense baring any big unforeseen problem(s) to see a 5 to 10 plus percent raise in foreign arrivals this year in Thailand being it is such a popular destination and the other countries in the regions are seeing similar growth rates over the years. Again, excluding any unforeseen catastrophe it would be silly to think tourism would go down and not up. Why would anyone think numbers wouldn't go up significantly when the International Tourism numbers for the world will also go up?

Edited by Nisa

Yingluck thinks it might be concern over the 2006 coup that is keeping people away.

Well, we all know she's an idiot anyway so I wouldn't concern myself too much over what she thinks or says. It's all just repeated from her big brother anyway.

and coming from big brother it is subject to change depending on who he is trying tio convince he knows his big mouth from a hole in the ground. Some times he comes close but so far no cigar.

Yingluck thinks it might be concern over the 2006 coup that is keeping people away.

Well, we all know she's an idiot anyway so I wouldn't concern myself too much over what she thinks or says. It's all just repeated from her big brother anyway.

That's a pathetic remark. I'm wondering if you're still in junior school.

Whats the difference he is right on the mark.

Don't worry!

No matter what happens, 2013 will be a new record year for tourism in Thailand, with about 27 million visitors...or even more!

Wanna bet?

Yeah gotta agree with you as reported on TV it's

21 million and counting
so they are well on target, you may even be a little 'shy' with your prediction of 27 million..............lol, Thailand the hub of breaking tourism records?cheesy.gif

Don't worry!

Wanna bet?

I'm sure the minister is including migratory flocks of birds in his figures.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

Don't forget the pigs that fly.rolleyes.gif

I'm sure they're factored in every time they cross the border

Edited by Moruya