New Honda Models For 2013

SumetCycle

"The Forza will be released in February, but again no price yet."

One site announcing the introduction of the Forza in Canada said "Honda Canada hasn’t released the sticker price for the Forza yet, but judging from the standard ABS and exhaustive list of features and technological achievements, it’ll likely be wearing a tag around $7g when it arrives in Canadian showrooms." The PCX150 currrently sells in Canada for $3749, so assuming that the same relationship holds and assuming a price for the PCX150 of B73,000, the Forza should sell in Thailand for about B140,000 (B136,303 by my calculation). No doubt that the dealers will try to gouge buyers when the new Forza first becomes available, but if you wait for the dust to settle and the available supply to increase, I expect that you will be able to walk out of a showroom with a Forza in Thailand for under B150,000, and probably closer to B140,000.

I hope and pray your calculations are correct :)

Saying that, i found that Thai dealers, well Mytion at least, they first put it on the market at a "cheapish" price as they did first with PCX, then if demand is high, they increase the price and keep doing so until it reaches the max, they then start to offer some discounts or huge discounts in anticipation of a new model.

This is what has happened with PCX release, i was one of few first people who bought one and i paid from memory 68.500 baht, it then went up as high as 76 000, just before the release of 150cc, price for 125cc dropped to low 60 000.

PCX 150 cc was selling for as much as 80 000 baht to now come down to 73 000 baht as Forza is about to hit the market, so if anything i think it would be a wise choice to buy as it first comes out as i believe price is sure to go up by 10% at least later in the year

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope and pray your calculations are correct smile.png

Saying that, i found that Thai dealers, well Mytion at least, they first put it on the market at a "cheapish" price as they did first with PCX, then if demand is high, they increase the price and keep doing so until it reaches the max, they then start to offer some discounts or huge discounts in anticipation of a new model.

This is what has happened with PCX release, i was one of few first people who bought one and i paid from memory 68.500 baht, it then went up as high as 76 000, just before the release of 150cc, price for 125cc dropped to low 60 000.

PCX 150 cc was selling for as much as 80 000 baht to now come down to 73 000 baht as Forza is about to hit the market, so if anything i think it would be a wise choice to buy as it first comes out as i believe price is sure to go up by 10% at least later in the year

While I do not follow motorbike prices daily, I never saw the pricing strategy that you describe. When the PCX125 first came available (or at least when i was first aware that it was available), the price at Mityon was B78,000, all in. When the PCX150 first came available it was B83,500, all in, at Mityon. Perhaps there was a very short period when the PCX125 first came out that Mityon was selling it at or close to Mfg suggested retail price (B68,900), but that would have been only because they did not realize that they could sell all they could get at higher prices. They didn't make that mistake with the PCX150, and they certainly won't make that mistake with the Forza. An earlier poster has said that Mityon is already quoting B185,000 for the Forza when it is available. No bargain there, I think.

You can now walk into Mityon and walk out with a PCX150 for B73,000, all in. When Mityon was selling the PCX150 for B83,500, there were shops in Sri Ratcha and Bo Win selling it for B74,500. So, first and foremost, shop around. Second, when the Forza first is available the supply will be limited and the demand will be as high as it is going to be. After 6+ months, many of those that want one will have purchased one at the higher prices, and production will be delivering more to the dealers all the time. Prices will come down. The real unknown is exports and expanding markets. Whether they will ever be sold at B140,000 is anybody's guess, but I am anxious to see the MSRP, which will at least give a benchmark for which dealers are "gouging" (or trying to gouge) customers. Care to guess who one of those dealers might be?

"The Forza will be released in February, but again no price yet."

One site announcing the introduction of the Forza in Canada said "Honda Canada hasn’t released the sticker price for the Forza yet, but judging from the standard ABS and exhaustive list of features and technological achievements, it’ll likely be wearing a tag around $7g when it arrives in Canadian showrooms." The PCX150 currrently sells in Canada for $3749, so assuming that the same relationship holds and assuming a price for the PCX150 of B73,000, the Forza should sell in Thailand for about B140,000 (B136,303 by my calculation). No doubt that the dealers will try to gouge buyers when the new Forza first becomes available, but if you wait for the dust to settle and the available supply to increase, I expect that you will be able to walk out of a showroom with a Forza in Thailand for under B150,000, and probably closer to B140,000.

dealers will of course rape the life outta the first few customers who are desperate to get the new models

and people walking in off the street asking or trying to order models that wont be released until a few months

later will fuel the trend even further

if a shop only gets 2-4 x forza 300's every week and theres 17 people trying to buy it at the same time of course

the price will go up

i think dealers will anticipate the demand as with the CRF 250 and every new bike after the cbr 150/250 and price gouging

will start from the very start ie : no MRSP bikes until innitial demand has been quenched

While I do not follow motorbike prices daily, I never saw the pricing strategy that you describe. When the PCX125 first came available (or at least when i was first aware that it was available), the price at Mityon was B78,000, all in. When the PCX150 first came available it was B83,500, all in, at Mityon. Perhaps there was a very short period when the PCX125 first came out that Mityon was selling it at or close to Mfg suggested retail price (B68,900), but that would have been only because they did not realize that they could sell all they could get at higher prices. They didn't make that mistake with the PCX150, and they certainly won't make that mistake with the Forza. An earlier poster has said that Mityon is already quoting B185,000 for the Forza when it is available. No bargain there, I think.

You can now walk into Mityon and walk out with a PCX150 for B73,000, all in. When Mityon was selling the PCX150 for B83,500, there were shops in Sri Ratcha and Bo Win selling it for B74,500. So, first and foremost, shop around. Second, when the Forza first is available the supply will be limited and the demand will be as high as it is going to be. After 6+ months, many of those that want one will have purchased one at the higher prices, and production will be delivering more to the dealers all the time. Prices will come down. The real unknown is exports and expanding markets. Whether they will ever be sold at B140,000 is anybody's guess, but I am anxious to see the MSRP, which will at least give a benchmark for which dealers are "gouging" (or trying to gouge) customers. Care to guess who one of those dealers might be?

i live near a mytion and also work near mytion (50 meters away) so often follow the prices, and the pricing. As i said i bought mine back in 2010 for 68-69k

I think you may find that while so many of us are excited about Forza, not as many will be running to buy one. So i honestly do not see the demand being as high as we discuss here.

Still not sure about the prices. I'll see if I can find out more later.

Did you find out when, and how much for the CRF Brian?

It will be released in March, but no price yet.

The Forza will be released in February, but again no price yet.

The MSX 125 will be released this month. The MSRP is 66,000.

Went to try and have a look at an MSX in Pattaya today, I had seen a couple in shops as I have been riding around town the last couple of weeks.

Today none, my local shop, Darkside, no have, cannot get. Mytons South Pattaya none, can get 2-3 weeks maybe.

Honda on Suk near South Pattaya Have 1 in black can get any color 1 week.

Not seen any on the road yet either, are they only coming in very small numbers?

Then, the price 73K bike only. I said I had read the MSRP 66K, was told that was a promotional pre order price one day only!

I expressed an interest in Yellow, no, only make in three color Red, Black, White, she even showed me the brochure, which listed the 3 color options.

Hmm somewhat disappointed.

Still not sure about the prices. I'll see if I can find out more later.

Did you find out when, and how much for the CRF Brian?

It will be released in March, but no price yet.

The Forza will be released in February, but again no price yet.

The MSX 125 will be released this month. The MSRP is 66,000.

Went to try and have a look at an MSX in Pattaya today, I had seen a couple in shops as I have been riding around town the last couple of weeks.

Today none, my local shop, Darkside, no have, cannot get. Mytons South Pattaya none, can get 2-3 weeks maybe.

Honda on Suk near South Pattaya Have 1 in black can get any color 1 week.

Not seen any on the road yet either, are they only coming in very small numbers?

Then, the price 73K bike only. I said I had read the MSRP 66K, was told that was a promotional pre order price one day only!

I expressed an interest in Yellow, no, only make in three color Red, Black, White, she even showed me the brochure, which listed the 3 color options.

Hmm somewhat disappointed.

66k is still the MSRP, but you'll find a range of prices from dealer to dealer. We sell them for 70k (includes tax, registration, third person insurance, basic helmet, and windbreaker) at Sumet, but there is a waiting list. Everybody seems to want red or black. The white version has the shortest waiting list.

I saw one at the weekend in Ladprao, looked really good in red and they're bigger than they look, about the same size as a Wave/Mio. I think they'll sell really well but better to wait a few months for the stock to build up and the usual Honda dealer 'new model' ripoffs to stop...

I saw 1 white MSX at Honda sukhumvit 71 Bkk today, they had a black one too but I never saw that one as I just rode past. they told me 69K a couple of weeks ago, if I remember rightly.

i was getting an oil change and the honda on dindeang rd quoted someone 83k for a pcx150 today

i told him they are available for 73k in another shop in front of the price gouging owner and the look

on her face was priceless

I saw 1 white MSX at Honda sukhumvit 71 Bkk today, they had a black one too but I never saw that one as I just rode past. they told me 69K a couple of weeks ago, if I remember rightly.

i was getting an oil change and the honda on dindeang rd quoted someone 83k for a pcx150 today

i told him they are available for 73k in another shop in front of the price gouging owner and the look

She probably had the mechanic piss in your oil for that stunt:-)

She probably had the mechanic piss in your oil for that stunt:-)

i dont let the mechanics touch anything on my bike when im not watching them closely :)

Just took the MSX for a quick spin. What a fun bike. Looks small, but doesn't feel that way when you are on it. I'm 6' and didn't feel cramped at all. Once into second gear it really takes off. It handles well and coasts right over bumps and potholes.

83k is a bit much for the PCX 150 nowadays. I think they were going for as high as 85k when they first came out. Prices have come down though. We sell them here for 76k (includes tax, registration, third person insurance, basic helmet, and jacket).

Just took the MSX for a quick spin. What a fun bike. Looks small, but doesn't feel that way when you are on it. I'm 6' and didn't feel cramped at all. Once into second gear it really takes off. It handles well and coasts right over bumps and potholes.

Here are a few pics of our MSX. Test rides available.

post-121278-0-94662700-1359527162_thumb.

post-121278-0-46620100-1359527168_thumb.

post-121278-0-96336000-1359527173_thumb.

Edited by SumetCycle
  • Like 1

66k is still the MSRP, but you'll find a range of prices from dealer to dealer. We sell them for 70k (includes tax, registration, third person insurance, basic helmet, and windbreaker) at Sumet, but there is a waiting list. Everybody seems to want red or black. The white version has the shortest waiting list.

That's the best OTR price I've seen so far in Bangkok/Nonthaburi. How much without the jacket and crash hat and how long is the wait until delivery? I've heard that later in the year Honda are going to add yellow to the MSX colour option and red to the Zoomer's.

That's the best OTR price I've seen so far in Bangkok/Nonthaburi. How much without the jacket and crash hat and how long is the wait until delivery? I've heard that later in the year Honda are going to add yellow to the MSX colour option and red to the Zoomer's.

I could do it for 69k without the helmet and jacket. A white one would take a week or two. If you wanted red or black, it would be some time next month. Sooner, if there are cancellations. Haven't heard anything about new colors, but I suppose it is possible. Send me a PM if you need more info. Thanks.

Brian

I notice you have gold wheels on that, is that standard? not seeing any pics on the net with gold wheels.

But I NEED yellow sad.png

post-60867-0-19757900-1359699237_thumb.j

I notice you have gold wheels on that, is that standard? not seeing any pics on the net with gold wheels.

But I NEED yellow sad.png

post-60867-0-19757900-1359699237_thumb.j

We did those custom here at the shop.

• 1 month later...

hi there! i would like to inform you that i have test riden the 2013 cbr500r and also cbr500x at the honda big wing dealer in bkk ram intra district. while riding it gentle i felt it was a pretty good bike for the money. i then took both the bikes for a 2nd ride and this time i revved as much as i could on the short little test track they offered me to ride it.

//////and this is the important part!

way long time before the redline the ecu shuts the engine to idle! like if u revved up and then hold in the clutch.

i found this out by accelerating fast as i could and then swith to 2nd gear and the bike was stuttering like i kept the clutch in for atleast 1 full second.

the salesman first told me that it might be that its not enough gas in the tank and its gonna be allright when i ride it with more gas.

ofcourse i was very suspicious about this and after all we are in thailand and you cant really trust any salesman down here.

so i went straight to check how much gas was in the tank and it was indeed on low blinking and i also checked the cbr500r gas indicator. this test i found it out during testing the cbr500x (touring off road version) . the cbr500r seemed to had a little bit more gas in it.

how ever i managed to talked the info out of the salesman and he told me hondas cbr500 series bikes are programmed to shut off engine response at 9000 rpm!! .

he said that honda decieded to do this cause of costumers driving the shit out of the engines and claiming it within the 1st engine warranty year.

please keep this in mind if you consider buying the 2013 cbr500 series.