Where To Buy Flat Top Sheet (Other Than Central)?

OneZero

Makro is of course one option. Another is a small shop, heading North, just before making a left to the West at the Haa Yak intersection. Best described as a souvenir shop with umbrellas and the like outside, they seem to cater to the local hospitality industry, providing affordable bedding. Larger purchases are encouraged with discounts. It is a small roadside shop and parking is curbside for the most part.

There's a bedding store exactly opposite Makro called Penang Furniture. The software is in the annex that sticks out towards the road on the right-hand side. Egyptian 600 strand cotton it ain't but its pretty good stuff.

Edited by AjarnP

Makro is of course one option. Another is a small shop, heading North, just before making a left to the West at the Haa Yak intersection. Best described as a souvenir shop with umbrellas and the like outside, they seem to cater to the local hospitality industry, providing affordable bedding. Larger purchases are encouraged with discounts. It is a small roadside shop and parking is curbside for the most part.

Today I (One Zero) bought queen size, white, hotel supply quality, 100% cotton, top sheet at the shop near Haa Yak. Price: 480 THB.

A month ago I bought what appeared to me to be similar quality sheet in Chiang Mai (mattress shop on Chiang Moi Rd) for 600 THB. Thanks all for your help

Edited by OneZero
  • Like 2

It's really great when an OP asking a question of the numerous sages here in the Rai actually takes the time to say they found what they were looking for and offers thanks for the help.

Thank you OP. You are a welcome addition.

• Like 1

OneZero, super that you got what you needed. I'm grateful for this topic because I'll be visiting Chiang Rai soon. Never thought of getting sheets while there but now I will smile.png

I have a non-standard size mattress, made to fit a non-standard bed which I got while working in China. Impossible to get fitted sheets that fit so I get flat sheets + have them sewn into fitted sheets. Would anyone kindly advise who/where in CR can do this?

Thank you kindly.

OneZero, super that you got what you needed. I'm grateful for this topic because I'll be visiting Chiang Rai soon. Never thought of getting sheets while there but now I will smile.png

I have a non-standard size mattress, made to fit a non-standard bed which I got while working in China. Impossible to get fitted sheets that fit so I get flat sheets + have them sewn into fitted sheets. Would anyone kindly advise who/where in CR can do this?

Thank you kindly.

I don't know all places where seamstresses work, but I know that there are many working inside the city main market where food is served (the market at the small clock tower). Also, if you wander around inside a bit, you will probably stumble across a fabric shop. I frequently walk by a fabric shop located at the western side, as I am exiting the inside market area.

• Like 1

Thank you kindly.

I don't know all places where seamstresses work, but I know that there are many working inside the city main market where food is served (the market at the small clock tower). Also, if you wander around inside a bit, you will probably stumble across a fabric shop. I frequently walk by a fabric shop located at the western side, as I am exiting the inside market area.

Edit: Perhaps, as already suggested, you might consider simply buying material at a fabric shop (rather than buy the sheets) and have it sown together.

consider simply buying material at a fabric shop (rather than buy the sheets) and have it sown together.

I'd thought of that. However fabric shops (in China, HK, Singapore, Malaysia, Bangkok, Chiang Mai) don't sell material wide enough for a Queen size fitted sheet. That is one reason for the higher cost of flat sheets -- they use special super-long looms.

I'm already going to have sewing done along the sides and corners. I would rather not have a seam running down the middle.

• 2 weeks later...

Yahoo I got my sheets, thanks everyone. In fact I ended up buying a whole bunch of stuff. At first I did not understand the numbers 120, 180 etc. Now I know it's thread count. For comparison, the (king size) sheets with 180-count is 490B, 250-count satin sheet costs 650B..... at the furniture place opposite Makro, a 180-count sheet costs 690B.

For me, worth getting the 250-count sheets as they last much longer. Specially with top-load machines which pull fabrics every which way.

• Like 1

Yahoo I got my sheets, thanks everyone. In fact I ended up buying a whole bunch of stuff. At first I did not understand the numbers 120, 180 etc. Now I know it's thread count. For comparison, the (king size) sheets with 180-count is 490B, 250-count satin sheet costs 650B..... at the furniture place opposite Makro, a 180-count sheet costs 690B.

For me, worth getting the 250-count sheets as they last much longer. Specially with top-load machines which pull fabrics every which way.

Thanks for the followup and additional info.smile.png

Anything under 250 count is pretty uncomfortable - there is nothing like 1000 count egyptian sheets :)