Kap Choeng

Thats interesting, last year you could do an extension there, well thats what the man there said.

To get to Kab Choeng Immigration. Kab Choeng Immigration is 35km south of Hwy 24 on Hwy 214.

You need to get to the junction of Hwy 24 and Hwy 214. You would turn off Hwy 2 onto Hwy 24 before Korat.

When you get to Surin, the first set of Traffic lights (Another 15km) is a town called Prasat. There will be a sign to Chom Chon border market etc. That takes you through Kab Choeng.

Kab Choeng would be 30 km maybe 35 km south of Hwy 24.

Immigration is on the left before the hospital.

If you keep going south, you can enter Cambodia another 15 km south.

Hope that helps.

This map may help.

Procedure:

You will need 2 copies of everything (1 copy for bkk, 1 copy for Kab Cheong files)

Photographs

Passport

Copies of passport including TM card and pages showing original and latest entry

Copies of bank passbook pages for at least the past year

Letter from the bank confirming balance (less than 7 days old)

Medical certificate (for retirement extension)

Letter from your embassy confirming your address and pension (if any)

Sign all copies.

The fee is Bht 1,900.00

If you are applying for (or renewing) a Thai driving licence, ask the immigration officer to prepare the necessary paperwork whilst you are there. You will need more photographs for this.

post-123-1140571759_thumb.jpg

Edited by jayenram

Good news. 90 visa check can now be done at Immigration office Korat (Mittapab-Nongkai Road nr St Mary's Hospital)

Bad News. Visa extension needed and Korat office not yet set up for that. Can anyone help with directions and procedure at Kap Choeng? Nearest alternatives are Bangkok or Pattaya?

Hi Korat Correct

I had a friend try to do his non o extension (married to Thai wife) at Kap Choeng Immigration late last year. He didnt get it due to (his words) they dont handle them there ?????

Are you due to go soon? If you are, please post an update on your visit.

Cheers :o

Edited by Call_me_daddy57

Very helpful, thanks to one and all.

Anyone know the Kap Choeng Immigration Office opening hours/days and latest one needs to arrive to get "processed"?

I am only applying for a Tourist Visa extension of less than 15 days. I understand that in fact one gets another 30 day tourist visa from the date applied, rather than an extension of the original visa?

Travelling from Korat, if I do have a problem, I may decide to stay overnight in Surin rather than Kab Choeng. Any suggestions on "B&B" or better in either place?

The Immigration Office in Korat were helpful and most upset they could not get permission from Bangkok to issue me an extension tourist or retirement visa.They will do the 90 day check. They have all the facilities and officers speak good English. They do not appear on the Immigration Bureau website yet either.Influence appears to be needed. Any suggestions?

Also anyone going for the first time its down the Mittapab-NongKai No 2 road out of Korat. Keep in the left lane. Before St Mary's Hospital and before the first turning left after the Mittapab road "junction to Khon Kaen" turn into the Government building on the left. Once inside keep left. The building has a sign in Thai outside and inside the double doors has the "Immigration" sign in English. Yes I know its daft. They have been told. I think it may be that until they are fully fledged they don't want to attract attention.

Hope that helps!

Travelling from Korat, if I do have a problem, I may decide to stay overnight in Surin rather than Kab Choeng. Any suggestions on "B&B" or better in either place?

Check the hotels in Surin on the Farang Connection website:

http://www.farangconnection.com

Anyone know the Kap Choeng Immigration Office opening hours/days and latest one needs to arrive to get "processed"?

I believe the office opening hours are 08:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday. The telephone number is 044 559 166 if you wish to check. Processing of an 'extension' to a tourist visa only takes minutes.

I am only applying for a Tourist Visa extension of less than 15 days. I understand that in fact one gets another 30 day tourist visa from the date applied, rather than an extension of the original visa?

Assuming you have entered on a tourist visa and have obtained a 60 day stamp, Kab Cheong will extend this by 30 days at a cost of Bht 1,900.00.

Went to Kap Cheong yesterday from Nakhon Ratchasima.6 hour round trip including stop for lunch.

I had a 30 day tourist visa and wanted to extend it for not more than 15 days. Completed Internet application form replaced on arrival with their form. Passport and one photocopy. Photocopy of flight ticket out of Bkk included on the same photocopy. Plus one passport photo for application form. Cost 1900 bht. Took 10 minutes in total. Thanks to all for support.

I had a 30 day tourist visa and wanted to extend it for not more than 15 days.
In other words, you had no visa and upon arrival got a 30-day stamp on arrival in Thailand. This usually gets extended by 10 days but occasionally by up to 15 days and you seem to have made a good case for that 15-day extension.

--------------

Maestro