Suzuki Gw250. Is It Coming To Thailand

thaicbr

A bit odd looking ain't it?

Bulbous plastic everywhere and those throwback wheels almost make Honda's 250 wheels look modern and the 08-12 Ninja slim. But than again, if you use it for a long trip and need to camp a couple of bolts removed from the front fender and you have an instant tent.

Is it made here? If not as we know it will be overpriced.

It`s manufactured at Suzuki`s facility in China. Reports are that it is made to very high Japanese standard, so Suzuki must be exercising strict quality control there. Performance is said to be 85mph and 85 miles per Imperial gallon. Styling looks a bit like the B King but at least it doesn`t have the twin high level blunderbuss exhausts of the `Busa engined bike.

Ahhh OK then. So still a possibility here..If Suzuki Thailand are willing to make the effort. Could be like the Kia cars. Main parts shipped in with a certain amount of thai parts..then assembled. ...its Thai.

sent from my Q6

It`s a parallel twin LL. I guess they`ve designed it as a cheap commuter for Europe. Reports are that it is a nice bike to ride but uninspiring and a bit on the heavy side.

if it had a decent horsepower advantage over the cbr250 and ninja250 they might sell but it would need to be cheap because its "styling" looks a bit ghastly for a 2013 bike , my 20 year old cb400 looks much better and ive seen even older bikes than that that look better and more modern than this

that paint colour doesnt help it either ,paint it black ASAP

morbid maroon colour on an ugly bike ,who gets paid to design these things ? should be fired or tested for colour blindness or both

i am a suzuki fan so i would support them if they brought decent bikes to thailand providing it was at least equal to honda /kawa offerings ,

if this bike was offered in jet black with red rim tape ,solid yellow or the same shade of red honda put on the new cbr500's it would look much better and reduce the size of those front half fairings or take them off and make a more naked model

dont think suzuki is serious about investing in thailand at all ............do they still have a "showroom " up in major-yothin rd ,bkk ? last time i was there it was closed but they only had two hayabusas on display and test drives were not permitted anyway so i cant see them making much money selling hayabusas for 840,000thb (beforre the new 20% tax ) in thailand ,most of the busa's i know are grey imports anyway going for 180k upwards depending on age /condition /invoice or just imported as assorted parts and assembled from loose bits in a somtam shop

there is not enough safe roads to enjoy a hayabusa in thailand IMO , if it costs over a million now i think most prospective buyers will get something else or buy a 2005 grey one for 250k and keep it for a few months and sell it again for 250k

it sure aint going to win beauty contests ,if its the same price as the new ninja 250 most will choose the ninja for looks and probably power

more choices of bikes in thailand is always good but i half hoped suzuki and yamaha would make a decent entrance with new launched mid size bikes 400-600 cc but thai bigbike segment is so small and the new tax would have put them right off launching new big bikes here if they had any intentions of getting into it

post-139820-0-28543200-1358203938_thumb.

post-139820-0-87264100-1358203966_thumb.

Edited by YipYipYa123

It`s a parallel twin LL. I guess they`ve designed it as a cheap commuter for Europe. Reports are that it is a nice bike to ride but uninspiring and a bit on the heavy side.

if it had a decent horsepower advantage over the cbr250 and ninja250 they might sell but it would need to be cheap because its "styling" looks a bit ghastly for a 2013 bike , my 20 year old cb400 looks much better and ive seen even older bikes than that that look better and more modern than this

morbid maroon colour on an ugly bike ,who gets paid to design these things ? should be fired or tested for colour blindness or both

i am a suzuki fan so i would support them if they brought decent bikes to thailand providing it was at least equal to honda /kawa offerings ,

if this bike was offered in jet black with red rim tape ,solid yellow or the same shade of red honda put on the new cbr500's it would look much better and reduce the size of those front half fairings or take them off and make a more naked model

dont think suzuki is serious about investing in thailand at all ............do they still have a "showroom " up in major-yothin rd ,bkk ? last time i was there it was closed but they only had two hayabusas on display and test drives were not permitted anyway so i cant see them making much money selling hayabusas for 840,000thb (beforre the new 20% tax ) in thailand ,most of the busa's i know are grey imports anyway going for 180k upwards depending on age /condition /invoice or just imported as assorted parts and assembled from loose bits in a somtam shop

there is not enough safe roads to enjoy a hayabusa in thailand IMO , if it costs over a million now i think most prospective buyers will get something else or buy a 2005 grey one for 250k and keep it for a few months and sell it again for 250k

Here's a black one for you.post-153149-0-68446100-1358212680_thumb. I don't think we're going to see anything special from Suzuki, apparently they have serious financial problems at the moment, caused by losses in their car manufacturing operation.

Here's a black one for you.post-153149-0-68446100-1358212680_thumb. I don't think we're going to see anything special from Suzuki, apparently they have serious financial problems at the moment, caused by losses in their car manufacturing operation.

the black is a sure improvement over that horrible maroon one in the first pic but if its an import its going to be over 200k

nobodys going to pay that when the cbr250r is available for 100k and the suzuki is not much better