Van From Bangkok To Rayong

blossombkk

On the Bangkok to Rayong route you will find that many of the scheduled 'buses' are in fact minivans run by the same Transport Company, especially outside of early and late departures.

Prices are the same as the full size bus. You could ask specifically for the next minivan when you book.

Know of a few ad-hoc van services BKK-RYG but would not reccomend.

Agree-why someone would even have the idea this should be more comfy escapes me.

The BKK subforum has a sticky listing of noted vans from BKK.

ON some spot on the Vict Monument there are hourly vans to BAN PHAE=the Koh Samet ferrypoint, by default these have to bypass Rayong. Farang are much more likely to need that.

In fact Rayong as such is one of the very few larger towns left that still have large buses aplenty, but those fro Mochit take a very roundabout route via Chachoengsao

• 11 months later...

I just took this trip from Ekamai, and was surprised when I got to the bus station to find out this was van service and not VIP bus. There are websites that claim 1st class - air bus service from Ekamai station to Rayong City, but nobody there knew of any. Is this something that has changed over the last couple of years? My wife is following tomorrow, and dreading the idea of a van all the way. After just taking this trip, I can't blame her. Anybody know of any more comfortable solutions? No, we won't rent an entire van just for my wife, by the way:)

Edited by puanddavid

There are comfortable Govt. buses to Rayong and Bang (Ban?) Phee from Ekkamai. The ticket windows there have English destinations on them. The Ban Phee (Koh Samet) window is on the left side as you enter....NOT the sellers outside near the Dunkin' Donuts..slow, local buses from them.