Is Dhl Still Subcontracting Their Bangkok To Samui Deliveries?

I may be thinking of UPS, but seem to remember that if you send something internationally to Samui via DHL, you can only track it as far as Bangkok. Is that correct and do you have any comment on the Samui side of 'DHL's business? Thanks

I've noticed lately that DHL has a new office somewhere along the ring road between Bophut lights and Makro (maybe big C)? ...on that side of the road.

The last shipment I received here, started with DHL and then passed on to Thai Post from BKK to Samui, ... but that was over a year ago, now. Tracked all the way... no problem...

Seems from previous posts, a while back, about DHL , they did not have a good reputation on Samui, I don't know if that has changed or not....

Edit .... As Tropicalevo says it may be closer to Tesco ? (Posted same time!!!) some where in that area!!!wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

The last time that I heard - you are correct.

However, there is a NEW 'DHL' office on the ring road near the traffic lights at Tesco Lotus - but I do not know if this is an agent or the real DHL.

There is a new DHL Office at the top of the hill near Makro - same side - I just noticed yesterday. However, within the last month we were still getting packages from DHL using EMS from Bangkok and taking 2-3 weeks to get as far as that.