The Unauthorized List Of Live Jazz In Bangkok

beachroadlover2

possibly the best thread in the entire history of mankind. smile.png

sorry i don't have anything to add as the places i know have already gotten their due (been to saxophone anyone? wai2.gif ). just a thanks for this thread, it's a keeper.

ummm one question i suppose - and I'm definitely reluctant to ask it - anyone aware of any jazz places with open mic nights where audience members may have a few moments of glory? (i play percussion).

You could sit in at the Sunday jazz jam at Check Inn 99. Every Sunday between 2:30 and 6:00. It's an open jam and everyone's welcome.

ummm one question i suppose - and I'm definitely reluctant to ask it - anyone aware of any jazz places with open mic nights where audience members may have a few moments of glory? (i play percussion).

You could sit in at the Sunday jazz jam at Check Inn 99. Every Sunday between 2:30 and 6:00. It's an open jam and everyone's welcome.

Sorry for delayed response - business and all that -- but thank you. Back to the great metropolis in a month and will definitely give it a go.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Just a thought directed at admin.

This thread would be very useful if it was pinned. In fact perhaps a general live music thread, maybe subdivided into musical categories for the Bangkok members (and others) to keep updated.

There's some great information here, but because the thread drops back down through the pages, it doesn't get updated, and a lot of the stuff listed back in 2013, when the thread started will now not apply.

When I'm in Bangkok, it would be great to have an up-to-date thread to check to see what's going on in the Bangkok music scene, and where. And there are many TV members living in the city who know that info and would be happy to keep the thread updated, I'm sure. People who are into music like to share their enthusiasm.

Like I say, just a thought