Killing A Snake...

smokie36

My wife and I don't kill any snakes. We were walking home one evening and a very large snake crossed the road ahead of us. I stopped to watch the snake and my wife grabbed me by the arm and told me to keep walking and not to look at the snake. She said the neighbors would see me looking and kill it. She was right. After we passed by, the neighbors caught up with it and killed it. I hope their home gets invaded with rats.

Once I ran over a snake and killed it and the dirty looks that I received from Thais made me feel like I was a criminal!

I find that hard to believe. Where I live, Thais kill snakes on sight.

Perhaps it was because they had been looking forward to eating it, and it was no longer edible after you squashed it.

More likely he deprived them of their excitement for the day. coffee1.gif

There is a difference between intentionally killing a snake and accidentally killing one.

This is very true, I can not argue one little bit with this. Actually what you say is like the law of physics that apply in the world, except Thailand.

You know, gravity is different in Thailand, just look at the Thai Science Minister, I forget his name, but his nick name is Mr Dim-Whit who actually believes in some theory about using boat propellers to control river flow cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif Some poeple daringly suggested it was actually about giving contracts to people to make propeller rafts and Gov fund to do it, I don't know about that and I actually believe in science and physics. coffee1.gif

Anyway, I got a bit side tracked, any snake in my yard, I am happy to become a dead snake. To make peace with the locals I then display the dead snake in a series of circles, for 0 and figure of eights for 8, and I can do other trick number as well, like a 1, 2, 6, 7, 9 very easily with the dead snake. The locals then buy lotto numbers based on the shapes I make with the dead snakes. The local temple supports it too, they claim some of the winnings when the locals are all cashed upwai2.gif ..... thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by Terry Newman
  • Like 1

True snake story. A friend's cousin is a policeman in Australia. One day on patrol he saw a man walking slowly around a parked vehicle on the side of the road. The man looked suspicious so the policeman stopped and asked what he was doing. The guy replied that he had run over a Tiger snake (venomous) and didn't see it come out the back. He would not have been concerned except he had done the same thing the week before and the snake had crawled up the underside of his vehicle. Then, when the guy returned to put his car in the garage the snake came out from under the car and attacked him. In the present case he didn't know what to do. The policeman cousin suggested the guy take his car to the garage for an oil change and lube job.

It was an accident but if people would pay more attention to other beings than humans we would have less accidents. Just a few days ago I was a pillion passenger and the motorbike rider almost ran over a dog, I was watching, he wouldn't try enough to change his way and if I didn't yell he might go over it.

Going to temple will not save the next snake that is in danger of industry,

If you're truly concerned about killing other beings, do you go to temple each time you eat a cow/pork/chicken/fish? No difference.

• Like 1

True snake story. A friend's cousin is a policeman in Australia. One day on patrol he saw a man walking slowly around a parked vehicle on the side of the road. The man looked suspicious so the policeman stopped and asked what he was doing. The guy replied that he had run over a Tiger snake (venomous) and didn't see it come out the back. He would not have been concerned except he had done the same thing the week before and the snake had crawled up the underside of his vehicle. Then, when the guy returned to put his car in the garage the snake came out from under the car and attacked him. In the present case he didn't know what to do. The policeman cousin suggested the guy take his car to the garage for an oil change and lube job.

I have been nervous my self after running over some snakes and not seeing them in the rear vision mirrors. When I parked the car I got out quickly !!!