Killing A Snake...

smokie36

I was in a taxi today at Ramkhamhaeng and we ran over and killed a snake.

Is this lucky or not?

Should we be visiting the temple tomorrow?

We?

Be careful, the taxi driver might think you are inviting him on some sort of a religious date...

• Like 1

I was in a taxi today at Ramkhamhaeng and we ran over and killed a snake.

Is this lucky or not?

Should we be visiting the temple tomorrow?

We?

Be careful, the taxi driver might think you are inviting him on some sort of a religious date...

He said it was lucky....but I have my doubts....

Killing a snake with a car is so passé. What you never need to do apparently, is kill a snake inside your house. A good friend of mine, ex- Rhodesian army and thus quite nifty with the panga, lopped the head of a cobra in the lounge at his home about 30-odd years ago. His wife and MIL were apopleptic and assured him that the curse was truly upon them. I am not sure if the curse has expired yet or if he is still married.

• Like 2

I've seen someone eat the the still pumping heart of a dead snake and swallow it whole with some saki.....

He said it's the nearest a man can get to feeling pregnant with a heart beating in his belly.

He had the sweats for a few days after mind.

Most thais consider it good luck....a free meal.

Last time I ran over a snake the g/f's brother jumped on his m/c and sped off down the road to collect it. He sold the gonads for a few 100 Baht and ate the rest. Seems the snakes gonads are good for virility.

Good luck? It was for him.

• Like 1

Once I ran over a snake and killed it and the dirty looks that I received from Thais made me feel like I was a criminal!

I find that hard to believe. Where I live, Thais kill snakes on sight.

Perhaps it was because they had been looking forward to eating it, and it was no longer edible after you squashed it.

• Like 1